Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Church Singer for a Wedding Waterford/Kilkenny area

Options
  • 01-03-2010 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭

Guys n Gals,

I'm looking for a Church Singer for a Wedding in September time - has anyone got any recommendations ?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭kitty_kilkenny

Caroline Reid O'Brien - fantastic Soprano. might be in phone book. I've heard her sing at a wedding last year
    Junior wrote: »
    Guys n Gals,

I'm looking for a Church Singer for a Wedding in September time - has anyone got any recommendations ?

Cheers

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Donna Roche is supposed to be very good.

Link here with a sample of her singing..

Located in Tramore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

ToxicPaddy wrote: »

Located in Tramore.

Donna is excellent and she is a sound girl also

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Located in Tramore.
    kryogen wrote: »
    Donna is excellent and she is a sound girl also

+1 on Donna. She sang at my wedding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

+1 for Donna Roche. She sang at my wedding also. Absolutely fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm interested in this myself as it's something myself and mrs ziedth hasn't looked at yet!

I must look into this donna roache girl. I'm sure there would be no trouble her traveling into the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭beegirl

+another 1, Donna Roche has a beautiful voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Ziedth. wrote: »
    I'm interested in this myself as it's something myself and mrs ziedth hasn't looked at yet!

I must look into this donna roache girl. I'm sure there would be no trouble her traveling into the county.

None at all. I was at another wedding in The Rower, Co Kilkenny and she sang at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭depaor

For a male voice Rory Walsh (Tenor) also from Tramore is fantastic. I ahve heard him at a good few weddings and I ahve to say by far the best 'wedding singer' I have heard - I do know he and Donna team up sometimes.

• Advertisement

depaor wrote: »
    - I do know he and Donna team up sometimes.

please tell me it's to fight crime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Junior

Thanks for all the advice folks, I've gotten a few Pm's as well, I'll go thru them and let ye know who we go with, some people don't realise there's a recession out there with their prices however !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

+1 for Stephanie. I'm in a choir with her and she really is a fantastic soprano.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Luma

I was at a wedding fair in Hotel Kilkenny last Sunday, 28th February. Caroline Reid O'Brien had a stand there and she sang before each of the 2 fashion shows. She was amazing. For a small woman, she sure has a powerful voice. I got talking to her and not only is she a fantastic soprano but she doesn't cost the earth!! Check out her website - www.carolinereidobrien.com. The samples don't do her justice. She told me she's working on a new cd. Hope all goes well with the wedding!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 eadaoin32

Caroline Reid O'Brien - fantastic Soprano. might be in phone book. I've heard her sing at a wedding last year
    Caroline is a great Wedding singer - very professional and has an amazing voice. She sings in the Cathedral in Waterford every second Saturday night at 6:15 if you want to hear her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 eadaoin32

Another great singer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Located in Tramore.
    went off with her when I was about 13 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭smdweb

Caroline sang at our wedding and was excellent.
    She has posted on her website at http://www.carolinereidobrien.com/ that she is singing at the Mount Juliet Wedding Open Day on Sunday 21st March.
    I checked http://www.mountjuliet.ie/weddings/ but there are no details but apparently it was advertised in the Kilkenny People - but Caroline does have a great voice and its worth hearing.
    Good luck with your wedding plans!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mrsdunes

Caroline Reid O Brien sang at our wedding 3.5 years ago and she was excellent. To this day, people still ask us about her since our wedding. Her website is www.carolinereidobrien.com

Good luck with your wedding plans!
    Regards Marie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mjbob

Hi I would like to know do any out there know approx cost of a church singer for a civil ceremony Cheers :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

i think its around 100 euro mark...if you need accompanying music i think they charge around 150 euro so you're probably looking at 200-300..anyone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong :)

A friend of mine has booked Caroline Reid-O'Brien to sing at her civil ceremony in August this year. Caroline is going to play the guitar and will use backing tracks for some of the classical or musicals tracks requested by my friend. She was quoted an all-in cost of €220. The ceremony is in Waterford city.

I heard her at a wedding show in the Mount Juliet hotel in March and she was fab!

She has a website - www.carolinereidobrien.com.

Good luck with the wedding!! :D:)

€220 for a few minutes work? Think I'll start singing at weddings!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mjbob

snuggles09 wrote: »
    i think its around 100 euro mark...if you need accompanying music i think they charge around 150 euro so you're probably looking at 200-300..anyone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong :)

Thanks all, At least i have an idea when im asking....oh and ill sing with you at weddings and split the money!!!!!! love all this wedding organizing thingy....:rolleyes:

€220 for a few minutes work? Think I'll start singing at weddings!
    Most wedding singers (if they're worth their salt!) are classically trained so there would be high costs for voice training. I believe €220 is very reasonable cos usually a singer on his/her own starts from €150, with an organist starting from €150 also. A string quartet starts from €500 (4 musicians). My friend got all this info when she was shopping around. I've been at a few wedding ceremonies between this year and last year and they go on for about an hour or hour and a half. I'm sure the couple meets the singer to pick out the music as well. Anyways, good luck with all your preparations

I have been dealing with Donna Roache for mine and although I haven't meet her yet she seems lovely.

Added to the overall cost of the day €200 is nothing and I think having a good one would make it that little bit more special.

Luma wrote: »
    Most wedding singers (if they're worth their salt!) are classically trained so there would be high costs for voice training. I believe €220 is very reasonable cos usually a singer on his/her own starts from €150, with an organist starting from €150 also. A string quartet starts from €500 (4 musicians). My friend got all this info when she was shopping around. I've been at a few wedding ceremonies between this year and last year and they go on for about an hour or hour and a half. I'm sure the couple meets the singer to pick out the music as well. Anyways, good luck with all your preparations

Believe it of not I actually have some classical training. I do remember that my singing lessons were not cheap also so you're spot on about charging a decent amount for a decent job. I might seriously look into singing at weddings. It seems to be a female dominated profession at the moment, might be nice to offer a male alternative.

Anyway, this is going off topic so I'll hop out of the thread. Best of luck in your search for a singer OP. Hope they're good whoever you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

Believe it of not I actually have some classical training. I do remember that my singing lessons were not cheap also so you're spot on about charging a decent amount for a decent job. I might seriously look into singing at weddings. It seems to be a female dominated profession at the moment, might be nice to offer a male alternative.

Anyway, this is going off topic so I'll hop out of the thread. Best of luck in your search for a singer OP. Hope they're good whoever you get.

you can come sing at mine..we'll call it a test period..ill give you a free dinner and fill you with beer:D

Donna is lovely..she's singing at mine (thats if jonnyfingers falls through:p)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Seriously though, €200 for an hour/hour and a half's work (and in fairness more than half of that is sitting around). That's serious money and I don't think I could bring myself to paying it. Then again, jonnyfingers has to sing at mine for free because he's family so....:D

• Advertisement

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Seriously though, €200 for an hour/hour and a half's work (and in fairness more than half of that is sitting around). That's serious money and I don't think I could bring myself to paying it. Then again, jonnyfingers has to sing at mine for free because he's family so....:D

I'm not getting paid???? :eek:

Advertisement