Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flu shots for all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

Does seem a bit much alright.

But it's not a conspiracy. "Big Pharma" companies want to make money at the end of the day. No big surprises there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Aren't we told every year to get the flu jab?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭SLUSK

humanji wrote: »
    Aren't we told every year to get the flu jab?
    During all my life in Sweden I was never told to get a flu jab. During the few years I stayed in Ireland no one told me to get a flu jab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

SLUSK wrote: »
    Big pharma is now advocating annual flu shots for virtually everyone.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/24/AR2010022404361.html

Does this sound crazy to you? Well it should. Is there any other reason for perfectly healthy people to get flu shots than to increase the profits of Big Pharma?

That whole swine flu thing was a con, amazing how quiet the media have gone on THAT! How long before big pharma are deliberately releasing virus' so they can provide the cure if they're not already:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭SLUSK

The problem with healthy people is that they do not require medication. Now Big Pharma says out loud that they want to medicate perfectly healthy people! Why is there no outrage? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

The problem with healthy people is that they do not require medication. Now Big Pharma says out loud that they want to medicate perfectly healthy people! Why is there no outrage? :mad:

Well in fairness you are hardly going to vaccinate someone who has the flu are you? Vaccines are for prevention, not cure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

So advocating something = forcing something?

During all my life in Sweden I was never told to get a flu jab. During the few years I stayed in Ireland no one told me to get a flu jab.

Who's talking about mandatory vaccinations? Every year there's campaigns telling people that there's vaccines available and they people should avail of them. Isn't this what the article is about?

Eh, thats how vaccines work. A healthy person gets a virus and is no longer healthy. But a healthy person gets a vaccine, they are immune to the virus and so stay healthy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

humanji wrote: »
    Eh, thats how vaccines work. A healthy person gets a virus and is no longer healthy. But a healthy person gets a vaccine, they are immune to the virus and so stay healthy.

Thats more the theory acording to large pharma

Reality is often the victims of the vaccine tend to catch exactly the thing that they were sopposed to be protected from ,and the people who dont take the vaccine dont take catch that virus

Moral of the story if you wanna catch the bug take the Vaccine :pac:

Derry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

derry wrote: »

Reality is often the victims of the vaccine tend to catch exactly the thing that they were sopposed to be protected from ,and the people who dont take the vaccine dont take catch that virus

Derry

The reality is actually the exact opposite of this. Unless you can demonstrate your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Kepti

Derry

This is patently false. Vaccines contain dead or non-virulent strains. I'd encourage you to do some reading before you go regurgitating nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Truthrevolution

Derry

Totally agree with you there, year after yaer iv watched people in work get the vaccines while i myself have always boycotted them.The people who always ended up getting a cold/flu were the very people who got vaccinated in the first place! I havent had a dose of Flu in the last 8 years and i have NEVER touched a flu vaccine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The reality is actually the exact opposite of this. Unless you can demonstrate your point?
    Kepti wrote: »
    This is patently false. Vaccines contain dead or non-virulent strains. I'd encourage you to do some reading before you go regurgitating nonsense.

Report suggests people who get vaccinated are more likely to catch H1N1.
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/technology/science/study-prompts-provinces-to-rethink-flu-plan/article1303330/

EDIT:
    You two should be ashamed of yourselves giving bad information as fact, and I'd encourage both of you to do some reading and get the facts straight before offering your nonsense replies.

What about the fact that vaccination has been responsible for virtually eradicating horrendous diseases such as Polio and Smallpox?

What about the fact that vaccination has been responsible for virtually eradicating horrendous diseases such as Polio and Smallpox?

Some would argue that better hygeine and improved living standards have eradicated these diseases over the years

Some would argue that better hygeine and improved living standards have eradicated these diseases over the years

Those people would be wrong. If that was the case all diseases would be eliminated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

But facts can be misleading when on the search for the troof.

uprising2 wrote: »

I'm not sure what you think that proves? Suggests is the operative word there. The study hasn't proven anything. It hasn't even been peer-reviewed yet. It will be interesting to see how the story develops, but don't hold out on this single study rewriting the books on immunology.
    So far, the study's impact is confined to Canada. Researchers in the U.S., Britain and Australia have not reported the same phenomenon. Marie-Paule Kieny, the World Health Organization's director of vaccine research, said last week the Canadian findings were an international anomaly and could constitute a “study bias.”

If what derry said is true, there must be countless similar stories about every virus that has ever existed.

Those people would be wrong. If that was the case all diseases would be eliminated.

Why are they wrong? Because you said so is it?

The reality is that these diseases were on the decrease BEFORE vaccinations came out.Have a look at this article for a few examples.....

http://www.vaclib.org/basic/polio.htm

The smallpox vaccine is not all its cracked up to be either.....

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2002/10/30/smallpox-part-four.aspx

• Advertisement

Why are they wrong? Because you said so is it?

The reality is that these diseases were on the decrease BEFORE vaccinations came out.Have a look at this article for a few examples.....

http://www.vaclib.org/basic/polio.htm

The smallpox vaccine is not all its cracked up to be either.....

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2002/10/30/smallpox-part-four.aspx

Why is namloc1980 wrong? Because some website said he is? Neither of those sites have a shred of credibility.

Kepti wrote: »
    Neither of those sites have a shred of credibility.

:pac: For you to make a statement like that is laughable.The information in those articles is from credible sources like the world health organisation, the centre for disease control, polio and smallpox organisations, scientists etc.

:pac: For you to make a statement like that is laughable.The information in those articles is from credible sources like the world health organisation, the centre for disease control, polio and smallpox organisations, scientists etc.

vaclib.org has Scientology links. Check out the website and there are articles on there published in Scientology books etc. Anything with Scientology links has zero credibility.

vaclib.org has Scientology links. Check out the website and there are articles on there published in Scientology books etc. Anything with Scientology links has zero credibility.

OK so because there is a link to scientology somewhere on the site then you are dismissing all the information that the article presents?? Namloc i have to say im disappointed i thought you were more broadminded than that, dont get me wrong i dont buy into the whole scientology melark myself but evidence is evidence, no matter where we find it.

OK so because there is a link to scientology somewhere on the site then you are dismissing all the information that the article presents?? Namloc i have to say im disappointed i thought you were more broadminded than that, dont get me wrong i dont buy into the whole scientology melark myself but evidence is evidence, no matter where we find it.

Scientology is completely anti-vac, not to mention all the other things wrong with Scientology, so a website with even the slightest reference to Scientology has a sub-zero credibility.

Scientology is completely anti-vac, not to mention all the other things wrong with Scientology, so a website with even the slightest reference to Scientology has a sub-zero credibility.

:rolleyes: Dont mean to be rude but thats a very narrow minded view to take

:rolleyes:

Good point, well made. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Its a little bit funny the situation there.
    It really only depends on wether the material is true or not.
    I think patterns of lying should also play a part in who you trust for your information.
    That is why i dont trust government websites as we all know they are the biggest liars.
    I also dont trust scientology as that is a scam and i believe the founders were deeply involved with politics and still are.

What i can do is read the governments material and use that as marker for whatever topic.Then compare it to the other dubious references that i might wonder about.And last of all compare it to my experience,common sense and circumstantial evidence.

All links posted are dubious imo.But it doesnt mean i cant piece things together from both sources and come to a more reliable conclusion.

ps. This isnt to say i dont trust government,scientology etc etc sources or statements all together.I just tend to be wary of the motives more than the actual content.

Advertisement