Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chrome suddenly won't play youtube video's

• 01-03-2010 7:42pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Yesterday for some reason Chrome suddenly would not play youtube video's. If they are embedded on a forum on on facebook they play fine but if they are on youtube.com they do not.

I had the beta version installed form a while back, I downloaded the proper new version and installed, also updated flash, but still the same..

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Have you got something holding the audio device?

When I open my video app it boots the ASIO drivers and takes over everything, blocking WMP and quicktime. Presumably youtube as well, though I dont know why the embedded videos would still work...just knowing your background its something to check.

Another thing is that HTML5 video thing they're working on? If you added it to your youtube then thats likely it, check your account settings. IIRC you need and updated framework to play HTML5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Nollog

Chrome supports the video object of html5 out of the box.
    So does Iron, which doesn't have the nice callback privacy destroying "features" that chrome does, but everything else including extensions.

Try the html5 beta, http://youtube.com/html5
    And see if they play, if not /if you're already using the html5 player- you can go back to that page and return to flash playing.

On a side note, I sometimes get a black box where the video should be if my internet is being over-used, but it's rare and only usually effects one video, not all on youtube.com. Usually will never play again unless I visit it from a different link or add in the &related part in the address bar.

Advertisement