Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile that can view MS Office/Adobe files and be connected to projector

• 01-03-2010 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to get a mobile that can view Microsoft Office files like word and excel and that I can hook up to a projector. I bought a lovely little BenQ Joybee GP1 projector and I'd like to be able to connect up a phone to it. I know the iPhone can connect and I could download an app to view MS Word files but I'd like to find out if there are others that can also work with projectors.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

N95, n96, n97 (all nokias) im sure there are more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Can these phones be hooked up to a projector through a VGA connection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Can these phones be hooked up to a projector through a VGA connection?

Mine is an RCA connection (Red/White/Yellow), but then again, I think the vast majority of projectors have RCA connections.

any chance you could post a picture of this lead connected to the mobile. yes the projector has female red, white and yellow connections. Just curious as to the type of connection on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

any chance you could post a picture of this lead connected to the mobile. yes the projector has female red, white and yellow connections. Just curious as to the type of connection on the phone.

http://mynokiablog.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/n900-tv-out.jpg

Picture's too big to post, this is the same one with the n95 and n97, I assume the other Nokias all use it too. Personally, I'd recommend the n95 over the n97, for what you describe.

• Advertisement

My wife just got the above phone and it says on GSM Arena that the phone has a TV out port but I'm not sure exaclt what it looks like. All I can find is the USB port. What should it look like? Either I'm going blind or it doesn't have one pr else is it through the USB port I'd hook it up?

sorry, the phone is aN LG GD900 Crystal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,995 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

My wife just got the above phone and it says on GSM Arena that the phone has a TV out port but I'm not sure exaclt what it looks like. All I can find is the USB port. What should it look like? Either I'm going blind or it doesn't have one pr else is it through the USB port I'd hook it up?

Presuming you're talking about a Nokia, the headphone socket doubles as a video out as well. Did she get a video cable with the phone? Just plug it in and the phone will recognize the cable.

No she got the LG GD900. Can connect to projector via USB port but can only view images and video saved on phone, can't view phone in real time. Do you need to get that specific cable for tv out or will a standard video out cable bought in peats do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,995 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

It's not a cable that we would sell but according to the website below one does come in the box depending on your region. If your lady didn't get one in the box at least one is available for it. Your best bet will be to scour the net and try to find one.

http://www.gadgetvenue.com/lg-crystal-gd900-reviewed-07163840

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

The Sony Ericsson Satio has a TV out cable supplied when you buy it (Yellow/Red/White RCA output)
    Using QuickOffice you can view Microsoft and you can use Adobe Acobat reader to view pdf
    Once you plug the cable into the TV you see whatever is on the phone screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I ended up going with a HTC Hero. Doesn't have video out but will upgrade. Does have Office Viewer and PDF viewer.

Advertisement