Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big problems with Cisco router.. Help.

• 01-03-2010 8:20pm

Ok, currently I'm going through the hastle of using the Cisco EPC2425 supplied by Upc.....

I am connecting my xbox to the network using my macbook's connection. This works perfect with firewall switched off but just won't connect with the firewall switched on. Unfortunately I have no choice but to use the firewall so what are my options?

Is there any way I can let my macbook's IP address or MAC address bypass the firewall completely?
    Or do I need to ask NTL for a scientific atlanta cable modem and invest in a high quality wireless modem with a working firewall? (this one is giving 58% packet loss)..
    Ideally I'd like to just bypass the firewall with my own laptop...

I also have a netgear wireless router.. Could I plug it into the cisco router, switch on a firewall on that and let everyone else connect to it while leaving the cisco router with a firewall and only me connect to it?

Thanks if anyone can help.....

Comments

Advertisement