Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need ~500 euro fast (overdrafts?)

Options
  • 01-03-2010 8:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

My JSA claim has taken far longer than necessary because the Deciding Officer has "gone on a course" and I have no money but rent to pay. Seriously late rent.

I've already exhausted my Ulster Bank overdraft and was wondering are there any other banks that can offer me an overdraft facility in this region? I would be able to pay it off in 1-2 weeks no problem, I just need it ASAP!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Don't think you'd get an O/D facility that fast OP!

Can you get supplementary benefit at all?

Failing that (you might need to have your claim fully processed to avail of it) then you can ask friend/parent/sister/brother to lend you the money, or you can go around pubs, hotels, restaurants, and offer to do any kind of work..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

The CWO doesn't open till Weds for some silly reason so I won't be able to apply for Supp.Welfare til then, and then I'll have to wait however many days :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

The CWO doesn't open till Weds for some silly reason so I won't be able to apply for Supp.Welfare til then, and then I'll have to wait however many days :mad:

Well best arrange a chat with your landlord, be as frank and honest as you can be, and just budget like hell on everything soon as your claim is processed, so you have the rent on time for the next month.. Look at it this way if you normally pay rent on time your landlord may be ok about this on a one off basis.

Best of luck sorting this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

It's not just this months rent due though, it's the last 1-3 months because I've had no income since Jan (other than small contributions from the parents for food).

Advertisement