Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Cancel a BOI Business Visa Card

Options
  • 01-03-2010 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me the correct procedure for cancelling a Bank of Ireland business Visa card? It is no longer required and gov duty and fees will be due on it in April so want to get it cancelled ASAP.

I'll ring the bank tomorrow but just wanted to see if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

lostdesign wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the correct procedure for cancelling a Bank of Ireland business Visa card? It is no longer required and gov duty and fees will be due on it in April so want to get it cancelled ASAP.

I'll ring the bank tomorrow but just wanted to see if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

The Duty due in April is/was for 2009 so you still have to pay that, assuming it was used in 2009, if you have even a single transaction in 2010, they will charge you duty times two when you closed it (2009 and 2010).

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lostdesign

The Duty due in April is/was for 2009 so you still have to pay that, assuming it was used in 2009, if you have even a single transaction in 2010, they will charge you duty times two when you closed it (2009 and 2010).

Hmm that is annoying for me but i only got the card in 2009 and paid gov duty in April 2009 which by your definition was for 2008 when the card didn't exist so if anything they should only be asking me to pay gov duty once for 2010.

That one transaction in 2010 is going to turn out to be a costly one it seems!

I'll let you know the outcome.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

You need to clear any remaining balance, surrender the card, and send an instruction in writing to cancel the card. The letter will need to be signed by the company's authorised signatories

Advertisement