If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small home cinema setup?

Options
  • 01-03-2010 9:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to (finally) get myself a small set up for movie watching. Always been just a tv/dvd guy until now.

Wondering what kind of price you can do on the following... They are to be paired with a 32'' LG full HD and are to be used for movies but also music.

BluRay: Sony BDPS360
    Receiver: Denon AVR1610
    Speakers: No idea here, not sure whether to go with floorstanders, or bookshelf and add a sub/centre later on. Would appreciate advice/recommendations for around the 200 mark?

I understand the above are instore only, I'd be willing to make the trip for the right price. But would be also interested in your recommendations of other units of equal quality but maybe lesser price:D:p

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1

These seem to be the kind of thing I'm looking for.

So that's 559.85 sterling according to the .com site for the above.

I was thinking of the Phillips BDP3000 over the Sony too, which saves me a score!

Anyone?

I realise you guys are probably busy and I don't mind waiting a few days for a response, but I see you have been online answering threads twice since I've posted this, including today. I'd appreciated a reply asap.

Thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Anyone?

I realise you guys are probably busy and I don't mind waiting a few days for a response, but I see you have been online answering threads twice since I've posted this, including today. I'd appreciated a reply asap.

Thanks.

Magic,

I keep on going to answer your Post and every time someone interrupts me :rolleyes: Apologies..

Yep the AVR1610 / BDP3000 / Wharfedale 10.1 would be a good combo - I can do these at just £539.85 / €629.99 - alternatively (and you knew that there would be an alternatively - if the budget could be stretched just a touch (well maybe a big little touch) you could go for the excellent Denon AVR1910 with the Philips BDP3000 and the excellent Monitor Audio Bronze Reference 2 which would be a WAY better system and we could do at just £599.95 / €699.99 which is a cracking price for what is a serious system and you get to save £150!

Alternatively and this is my last pitch I promise - you could have the Pioneer VSX819 ( I'm hoping to see more of them this week!) with the full Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 package including Sub and the Pioneer BDP120 all for just £619.95 / €719.99 which based on general UK pricing for that kit would mean that you would be getting the receiver free!

Keep me posted if any of these interest you and again apologies for the delay getting back to you - I owe you a favour!

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John,

Thanks for getting back to me and thanks for the suggestions... I see you were away at the time when I posted originally, had I known that I would have been a little more patient. :)

Regarding the AVR1910 & Monitor Audio BR2's plus BDP3000, where is the 150 saving coming from? I may be interested in this package, not sure if I can stretch the budget though, would you rate the AVR1910 over the Pioneer VSX819? How about the 1610 and BR2's as a combination?

Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Magic.

Without giving away all out trade secrets :p we have slightly more stock of the 1910 that we do on the 1610 so we are creating a more competitive system price based around that. The 1910 is a much better receiver and would be more suited to the BR2's.

The AVR1910 is a much superior receiver for music, home cinema and in features than the VSX819, but the 819 is one of the best receivers we have if you are on a budget.

In saying that, the BR2 , BDP3000 with the 1610 would work out at £525.00. With the price difference, I would take John's hand off for the 1910 deal. :)

Cheers

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 19 capprygirl

<Snip>

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

@capprygirl,

I've snipped your post above. Pleasee see the Stickey entitled "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING" and in particular the following:
    Please note that this forum is for interraction with Richersounds. References to other retailers are not appropriate here, other than if you're directly and genuinely asking for a price-match from Richersounds.

and

If you see a bargain from another retailer, feel free to bring it to Bargain Alerts, if you want to comment on service etc. or discuss "where" to get "what" etc, feel free to start a thread in the Home Entertainment forum.

As a general principle, if you're not asking Richersounds for a quote/information/involved in a deal here, it's usually best to proceed with caution. A more judicious approach to interventions and expressing opinions is needed here than would otherwise prevail in a general discussion area, such as the Home Entertainment Forums.

This forum is for interraction between Boardsies and Richersounds. Occasional misplaced attempts to be helpful are understandable, but posts which are inappropriate in the context of this notice will be snipped or deleted without notice.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 capprygirl

Apologies Ritz a genuine and unintentional mistake

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

capprygirl,

No prob, don't worry about it, we're all good :)

Ritz.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.