Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC desktop wireless connection dropping??

Options
  • 01-03-2010 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,274 ✭✭✭✭

Just got a Sitecom USB wireless adaptor 300N ( the guy in Maplins was very keen on it) and am trying to get a PC rinning XP to get a wirelss connection to UPC broadband. Now the problem I have is that the connection seems to drop about every 9 or 10 seconds. I havent got as far as checking if the browser works. I used the Sitecom utility to set up the USB device and seemed to be ok, downloaded latest from site

I brought the laptop upstairs to test it alongside the PC and it works fine about 60% on the PC, so I dont think signal strength is the issue. I googled a bit and saw some suggestion to switch off wireless services in Administrative tools as it might be seeking a new connection but that didnt do anything.

Any ideas?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,274 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I may have cracked it. I uninstalled the utility that came with the adaptor and let XP find the driver and configure it, seems to be working. Seems to be a common enough problem

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Hate when it happens

Advertisement