Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dwarf Star

14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

uprising2 wrote: »
    Stop dragging this thred OFF TOPIC;)

What? I was referring to the first post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Uprising he doesn't even realise how ignorant he is, because he keeps throwing kneejerk comments and insults at others.. I don't accept this and nobody here should. Nobody here should be accused of been oversensational.

Namloc, you are digging a big hole for yourself, and to make matters worse, you now made a complete ass of yourself as in the attempt to undermine the deaths of 230,000 people. Not only was it cringing but it also very shocking for me to read.

Now you are going to have to roll it back and become self aware dude. I was actually helping you for the cause. What you said was very stupid. An earthquake is an earthquake, and you can't just make it seem like it's nothing.

Don't forget this is only the beginning of the year. Don't be surprised that earthquakes CONTINUE into the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

The next user to insult anyone gets banned for a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

mysterious wrote: »
    Uprising he doesn't even realise how ignorant he is, because he keeps throwing kneejerk comments and insults at others.. I don't accep this and nobody here should. Nobody here should be accused of been oversensational.

Namloc, you are digging a big hole for yourself, and to make matters worse, you now made a complete ass of yourself as in the attempt to undermine the deaths of 230,000 people. Not only was is it cringing to watch but also very shocking for me to read.

Now you are going to have to roll it back and become self aware dude. I was actually helping you for the cause. What you said was a very stupid thing to say. An earthquake is an earthquake, and you can't just make it seem like it's nothing.

Don't forget this is only the beginning of the year. Don't be surprised that earthquakes CONTINUE into the year.

OH GOD!! Trying to twist my words now is so pathetic of you. I made a valid point that so many people died in Haiti because of the circumstances and you are trying to say that I am undermining the deaths of all those people. I really believe now that you are a troll on this forum, only out to get a reaction out of people by twisting their words and making serious and false accusations against them. How sad that this is what you must do on this forum. How very sad indeed. I am embarrassed for you mysterious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Michaelrsh wrote: »
    What? I was referring to the first post.

Sorry mate, I was joking, this thread has taken a U turn since the first post, its about earthquakes now:confused:.

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    mysterious is childishly trying to get a reaction out of people on this topic and I have risen to it unfortunately. I welcome some rational discussion on this topic and not the childishness of mysterious that he has managed to wind me up. Anyway back to the actual discussion.

Obviously the Haiti earthquake was a massive tragedy but that in itself does not mean earthquakes are happening at a massively increased rate compared to previous years.

EDIT: I do not appreciate the crawl under a rock comment. I never shirk from my points and you are completely twisting my words...again.

As others said you don't appreciate these comments but yet you don't see you doing it yourself all the time. I don't appreicate you calling me childish, pathetic, thats considered personal insult..

Remeber self awareness?

Nobody here made you do anything. Your responsibie for yourself. I don't agree with your sentiments or comments on Haiti and your undermining of others here about this topic. This was my first point and It will be always my point to you about this.

As for Humanjis warning to me. I didn't insult anyone. In my post it is clear my reaction is of shock to his posts on what he said on Haiti. I was cringing, it was and I repeat not insulting Namloc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Thats a fairly obvious statement. It's akin to saying it will rain again, or night will come.

Sorry mate, I was joking, this thread has taken a U turn since the first post, its about earthquakes now:confused:.

Yes, and perhaps gravitational disturbance in the solar system could cause earthquakes ...

Yes, and perhaps gravitational disturbance in the solar system could cause earthquakes ...

But people don't like to talk about these things... it's best brushed under the carpet. "There is nothing to see here move along folks" As the police officer in south park used to say.

When we talk about it, prepared to get sling shots on all angles.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

namloc and mysterious both infracted. I'm giving them the smallest amount of leeway because their posts were so close after humanji's ultimatum.

That's it, though, guys. Calm down, or get out. Your choice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Kepti

Surely we would have detected anything massive enough to cause such an effect?

Yea very possible, I don't disagree, but as mysterious said "you can't say that on CT forum", the skeptics here will come looking for your blood.
    Take a look around:rolleyes:

Kepti wrote: »

Exactly

Yea very possible, I don't disagree, but as mysterious said "you can't say that on CT forum", the skeptics here will come looking for your blood.
    Take a look around:rolleyes:

Such large objects haven't been detected yet anyway but still the theory can't be totally abolished. Anyway there are many solar events which could cause a heightened occurrence of earthquakes and other natural disasters. Try to take into account that the sun flips it's magnetic poles every 11/12 years and this might cause some disturbances, like solar flares ... etc. The sun's next polar 'flip' is in 2012, coincidentally. Maybe try matching statistics of seismic activity from around 1998/1999, see if there is some sort of match to this years statistics. Or maybe even go back further to 1986/1987.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

That little bit of sense can be dismissed by a claiming you have been brainwashed by a corrupt education system.

That little bit of sense can be dismissed by a claiming you have been brainwashed by a corrupt education system.

NASA and the ESA are corrupt. So too is every other university in the world. Is this what you are trying to say?

NASA and the ESA are corrupt. So too is every other university in the world. Is this what you are trying to say?

I'm saying that despite kepti making a reasonable point about being able to easily detect such a massive object, the standard response to that from the more vociferous 2012ers will be that science is all wrong and is the product of brainwashing.

In the CT world, if a theory doesn't stand up to scientific scrutiny, then science MUST be wrong because the theory MUST be correct. It's absolutely bonkers but that's why we have a forum for it.

Maybe they have, your not seriosuly assuming the general public would know about it...... Humanity is already heading for an epic failure, the ones who get through this are the people who gets real fast about the truth of who we are and whats going on our world at this time.

The point is all these corrupt instutions know a lot but are not telling humanity. Why do you think people like Lennon, JFK, Robert Kennedy, William Cooper, Diana, MJ, Rick Clay, Martin j Luther King and so many others get killed for the truth. so many CIA/FBI/NASA whistleblowers trying to tell the world the truth but people just dont wake up. Thousands of people go misisng each year in America un recorded. Thousands of children also go missing.

People speak out in this forum too, and it seems that distraction and controlled is used here too.

People run a mile from the truth and rather swim around in the lie. It's denial of facing up to how much corruption and greed runs this world. What is so odd about this, is the same people who deny this is the case, they demand truth seekers to back up with evidence and prove everything, but you will never see the same people asking governments and high ranking official's to back themselves up. You will never hear them questioning anything mainstream or educational, but they will question people who are individuals. People who think and feel are always a threat to the power system.

Maybe they have, your not seriosuly assuming the general public would know about it......

That in itself is an assumption.

That in itself is an assumption.

No, its just a reallly obvious fact. Most people are asleep when it comes to whats really GOING on in the world. I know things I wouldn't even feel is right to say here. People just wouldn't understand.

if humanity were AWAKE we wouldn't be needing NASA, FBI, CIA, UN, RSA, NATO, G20, G8, EU this control, that control, this university, that university, this centre of intellegence, that centre of government.

It's all one big corrupt system.

When you say its only assumption, then you too are falling into the category of just really not realising the truth and scale of how controlled and corrupt this world has become. It's work, pay your taxes and shut up.

I'm not one of those. :)

• Advertisement

Maybe its an unknown, undetectable force we know nothing about, we don't know everything.

No, its just a reallly obvious fact. Most people are asleep when it comes to whats really GOING on in the world. I know things I wouldn't even feel is right to say here. People just wouldn't understand.

if humanity were AWAKE we wouldn't be needing NASA, FBI, CIA, UN, RSA, NATO, G20, G8, EU this control, that control, this university, that university, this centre of intellegence, that centre of government.

It's all one big corrupt system.

When you say its only assumption, then you too are falling into the category of just really not realising the truth and scale of how controlled and corrupt this world has become.

Please don't categorize me. I'm only saying that your theories can never be absolute fact until valid proof in their favour is shown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

just a question for the believers of something huge in 2012.. i.e the end ofhumanity as we know it...

what happens if nothing happens...... i.e 2013 we are all still here same world, same governments etc...

what then????

Maybe its an unknown, undetectable force we know nothing about, we don't know everything.

If it's undetectable, then by definition it can't affect us.
    Anyway, if it's massive, it'll be acted upon by gravity.

robtri wrote: »
    just a question for the believers of something huge in 2012.. i.e the end ofhumanity as we know it...

what happens if nothing happens...... i.e 2013 we are all still here same world, same governments etc...

what then????

Ughh! I'm going to have such a hangover on the 22nd December 2012.

robtri wrote: »

what then????

Somebody claims an error in the mayan calendar, re-interprets it and moves the date to 2020 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Kepti

Are you suggesting that there may be an unknown fifth fundamental force in the universe, which interacts gravitationally yet is distinct from gravitation in that it is undetectable?

Are you suggesting that there may be an unknown fifth fundamental force in the universe, which interacts gravitationally yet is distinct from gravitation in that it is undetectable?

Well physicist sometimes postulate the existence of a 5th fundamental force, however there has been limited experimental research into it's existence and is still in the highly theoretical zone of physics. The fifth fundamental force is said to have almost the same strength as gravity, yet its range is said to be a lot smaller than gravity. Therefore, if it does exist it cannot possible interact with large celestial objects.

Advertisement