Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation near FAS

Options
  • 01-03-2010 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭

Well lads and girls I got a letter from FAS today giving me 4 weeks notice that I have to move from kilkenny to Limerick to do phase 4 of a mechanics apprentice. I don't know Limerick and Im gutted Im going there because most of the lads I did phase 2 with are staying in Waterford:(

Just wondering does anyone know of a place to stay, cheap rent etc. Close to FAS would be good also. Im only doing 3 months so I'd prefer not to pay a deposit and just get a simple place, once I have a bedroom with a key I'd be happy. I'd probably stay in a caravan park im so despert:pac:

Four weeks isn't a lot of notice and I won't be able to get down to see a few places for 2 weeks. I tried daft but I don't know anywhere in Limerick only Moyross and south hill:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Are you doing it in the college itself?

If you are, then I'd ring Cratloe Student Village and see if they'll give ya 3 months. The place is full of empty houses so I'd say they'll be glad to get a few euro. You might be able to strike up a deal with them. Also check with Thomond Village.

Other than that, I wouldn't know where to start looking myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Yeah FAS is in LIT, are them places near it?

Yup, a 10 minute walk, if even that.

Lovely cheers. I made of few calls hopefully I'll get a grand spot.

Good luck with it! :D

• Advertisement

Got in contact with Cratloe Student Village, this should be a mad 3 months, thanks again!

Plug wrote: »
    Got in contact with Cratloe Student Village, this should be a mad 3 months, thanks again!

Glad to hear it!

No problem at all!

Advertisement