Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ranting

Options
  • 01-03-2010 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

I started a thread in R&R regards invalid ranting, i.e people ranting about things when its THEM that are in the wrong. I was very careful not to imply I was talking about the boards r&r forum, I was talking in general.

Its seems this thread has not been approved...as there are several newer ones ahead of it and no sign of mine. Please advise :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Have you tried PMing the R&R mods to find out why the thread hasn't been approved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Zaph wrote: »
    Have you tried PMing the R&R mods to find out why the thread hasn't been approved?

Not yet, wasnt sure if I was supposed to pm directly or post here as per mods comments sometimes. Should I pm?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Yeah, that should be your starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

EnterNow wrote: »
    I started a thread in R&R regards invalid ranting, i.e people ranting about things when its THEM that are in the wrong. I was very careful not to imply I was talking about the boards r&r forum, I was talking in general.

As per the charter, rants about boards.ie, it's users or any specific threads/posts are not allowed in R&R.

Starting a rant (no matter how general) about posters in R&R and calling them idiots would be considered a breech of the charter.

Rants do not have to be factually correct, that's not the point of the forum. It's designed to let you rant about anything that makes you angry (within the rules).

For example, I may start a rant about people driving at 120kms on the motorway and slowing me down when I want to get passed.

I know full well that they are in the right and I am in the wrong because I want to go faster than the posted speed limit, but it doesn't mean I'm wrong to rant about them.

I hope this explains how the forum works.

Advertisement