Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub with late food on weeknights?

Options
  • 01-03-2010 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have a cousin visiting from Spain at the end of the month and we are meeting for dinner the night he arrives. We'd like to go to a pub rather than a proper restaurant but his plane arrives late and every pub I've looked at stops serving food too early, the latest is the Porterhouse at 9.30 but that's cutting it pretty close. Any other suggestions? Prefer D2 area.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I think the Bull & Castle takes orders until 10.30. Used to, anyway. (01) 475 1122.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

You could try No. 3 Crown Alley in Temple bar or Le Bon Crubeen on Talbot street. Best to check if the are still serving late though as I don't remember what times I ate there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

O' Neill's on Suffolk St maybe?

I've gotten food late enough in there..

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gihj

Birneybau wrote: »
    O' Neill's on Suffolk St maybe?

I've gotten food late enough in there..

And lovely food too.
    Eat there regularly myself

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Well if you can't get served in a pub then there's always places like Havana on George's Street. It's a tapas bar and very reasonably priced and they have beer and wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Odeon?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

Solas on Wexford St serves a full menu till midnight. Food there is really pretty good. I go all the time.

They've some good deals too. 2 courses for 12.50€ or 3 courses and a bottle of house wine for €40.

It's more a bar than a pub but I wouldn't call it a restaurant anyway.

They've really really great cocktails too.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I think O'Neills is our best bet. Thanks for all the replies :)

Advertisement