Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile fixing?

Options
  • 01-03-2010 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭

Is there any where other than the place on shop street above the joke shop to get a phone fixed? The connection is caught between my screen and the sliding part of the phone so the screen is not coming up. It takes literally 2 minutes with the right screwdriver but I dont have it unfortunately. So is there anywhere else in town to get it done?
    The comedian above the joke shop wanted to charge between 35-70€ for taking 4 screws out which was a joke.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

You can buy those 'Precision Screw Drivers' in any good hardware store for about €5, I got mine in Woodies near the section that stocked the Drill bits when I had the same problem as you with my Sony Ericisson.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Had a problem with my E51 and found the precise screwdrivers on ebay, had them in three days. And I concur with your view of the fellas in that place on Shop St., I've tried them 3 or 4 times for various things and.... I don't know, it's like I was bothering or boring them with my petty issue. Anyhow, they forced me down the DIY route and it's a better buzz than handing over some wonga for work that you could do yourself with some confidence.... even flash upgrading (which they charge significant dosh for) is relatively straight forward once the right cables and apps are at hand

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Cheers for the replies. Wasn't sure if it was just me but obviously others realise the extortionate prices they charge. Fair enough they provide a service for most people who cant fix a busted phone, but the increase in price since I had it done in december by them is ridiculous. I'll try woodies tommorow and if that fails i'l hope to have one from ebay by friday and will do it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭lovelyhome

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Maplin also have miniature screwdrivers, 1 euro or something ridiculous like that...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

spender.j wrote: »
    Maplin also have miniature screwdrivers, 1 euro or something ridiculous like that...
    its the head on the screw thats different from your ordinary philips and flat head screw. Where is maplins though i've had it mentioned to me before i think?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Maplins is up by the Eye cinema, just around the corner from Eddie Rockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

screen is cracked on the n95 for the second time but i ain't going into them c##ts to fix it, three weeks and fukin €80. Found the whole kit for €31 p+p ( includes screwdrivers)
    http://www.telcomponents.com/Genuine_Nokia_N95_LCD_Screen_-_GRADE_A.html

and you tube for this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HYY3IIebOM

easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭James.

Cwhyte wrote: »
    its the head on the screw thats different from your ordinary philips and flat head screw. QUOTE]

you need a torx screwdriver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

axiom32 wrote: »
    screen is cracked on the n95 for the second time but i ain't going into them c##ts to fix it, three weeks and fukin €80. Found the whole kit for €31 p+p ( includes screwdrivers)
    http://www.telcomponents.com/Genuine_Nokia_N95_LCD_Screen_-_GRADE_A.html

and you tube for this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HYY3IIebOM

easy

You can get a replacement N95 LCD on ebay for about €12-14 here , just so you know!

• Advertisement
Advertisement