Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halifax Banking Site Down

Options
  • 01-03-2010 10:01pm
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Should I be concerned? :eek:
    Online Banking Out of Service

The Online Banking Service is currently unavailable due to technical issues.

Please try again later

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It wouldn't bother me too much once it's not down too long.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I wonder is it something to do with the strike action they've voted for? Someone maybe let the hamster off the wheel...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

MarkR wrote: »
    I wonder is it something to do with the strike action they've voted for? Someone maybe let the hamster off the wheel...

I very much doubt that. They wait 7 days before acting. I noticed the error about 6pm today. Dont think its anything to be concerned about.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Possibly some changes to better handle all the switching.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Site is back. I've put away my flaming torches and pitchforks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I've had the current account with them since the first opened in may 2007 and this is a common thing. It would probably happen about once or twice a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

http://halifax.ie/node/37
    New Online Security Improvements

Even though we have recently announced the closure of the Halifax retail business in the Republic of Ireland, we will maintain our online banking service until the end of May 2010. As we feel that your security is of paramount importance, we are enhancing our service by introducing and additional layer of security.

There are no changes to the way that you currently log in to the service. We have just added an extra security measure for certain requests. So in most instances you’ll notice very little difference.

For some requests we will text a code to your mobile phone which you will need to enter within your online session to complete the request.

We’ve updated our online demo if you would like to see how the new process works. Read more about the changes we have made to the online banking service.
    Key points:

1. The way you log in to the online service is just the same as before.
    2. We have removed the requirement for you to answer your security question when making a payment or resting your online log in details.
    3. We have introduced a new process which involves sending you a text which you need to enter online to complete your request.

This process is required for:

* Creating a new payment mandate
    * Creating or amending a standing order
    * Resetting your online log in details

Advertisement