Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to get 8mm Cine Film Developed

Options
  • 01-03-2010 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Anybody any idea where i can get 8mm Cine Film developed, I came across them in the attic they belonged to my father,

They are 8mm Kodachrome II in black and yellow metal cases (circa 1963)
    I also found 4 rolls already developed and i can watch them on a projector, they were also shot around 1963.

any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

That's a nice find :)

I don't think super 8 can be processed in Ireland. When we were in college we sent them to the Soho Film Lab in London. Think this is them: http://www.sohofilmlab.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 filmtastic

Hi.
    Current Super8 filmstocks (Ektachrome 64T, black and white stocks, negative stocks etc.) can always be processed by any film lab (Andecfilm.de in Berlin, Super8.nl in the Netherlands for instance) - cost is around 10/15 euro per cart.

Kodachrome 40 cartridges (super8) can still be processed until the end of 2010 by a lab in the States called Dwaynes (this specific stock was discontinued in 2005 and replaced with Ektachrome 64T), date after which the only lab that can do it will stop processing this K40 stock (much more complex processing than usual 8mm filmstocks).

Kodachrome II cartridges by Kodak are usually very old films and there is only one lab in the States that can do it. However, in my own experience, they are not a very nice crowd to deal with. I sent them some KodachromeII films last August by registered and they still haven't replied to me or told whether they have the films or not. When I called, they didn't know whether they had them, and told me that whenever they would processed my order, I would have to pay first (65 dollars for one cart - pure daylight robbery as opposed to 10/15 dollars for regular stocks by other labs) and wait for 6 months to a year. Good luck to that.

If I were you, I would not bother dealing with that crowd, with whom many people seem to be dissatisfied. If you had had Kodachrome 40 (processed by Dwaynes) or an old Agfachrome stock (which can be processed by super8.nl), I would have advise you to go ahead with it, but in this case, I wouldn't do it.

Hope that helps

Julien

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 pajo65

Thanks a million guys,

great info and much appreciated

pajo65

Advertisement