Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tanco loader 978

• 01-03-2010 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭

The seals are gone in the ram(think this is the right term) for opening the grab on the loader(the oil is dripping out and I can see a piece of rubber) Can these be fixed easily or should i go to a mechanic or should I buy a new one. Think it's something like 200 euro for one.

Just trying to save a few bob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭gerico

Hi. Is the 200 for complete repair including seal/wiper also do you have any knowledge of changing piston seals. its fairly straight forward as long as the clevis(end of rod) comes off handy

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭gerico

sorry that should be rod seal not piston seal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

you should be able to thread off the end cap on the ram and slide out the piston with the seals. just get a new pair of seals theyre fairly cheap and fit it all together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭Follow the Plan

gerico wrote: »
    Hi. Is the 200 for complete repair including seal/wiper also do you have any knowledge of changing piston seals. its fairly straight forward as long as the clevis(end of rod) comes off handy

Cheers for the replys lads,

I can't really remember but I think i got a whole new ram for 200 in tanco in bagnelstown. maybe it was a little more. I wouldn't have any experience of changing the seals but I'm willing to have a go. The end cap mightn't be easy to get off but i'll manage it. So really all I need is the seals. Where is the best place to get these, tanco itself or would ya get them in most tractor crowds.

Edit: Actually I found a list of the suppliers in ireland. Must give them a bell in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

use a stillson to get the end cap off.
    usually though you will end up beating it with a hammer and chisel
    as you take it apart,lay out every thing including old pieces, then as you put it together again just sub in the new pieces for the old
    nothing worse than taking something apart, then forgetting what goes where:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭Follow the Plan

dar31 wrote: »
    use a stillson to get the end cap off.
    usually though you will end up beating it with a hammer and chisel
    as you take it apart,lay out every thing including old pieces, then as you put it together again just sub in the new pieces for the old
    nothing worse than taking something apart, then forgetting what goes where:D

Who are ya tellin, many a time.

Found this looking around the net,

http://www.maintenanceresources.com/referencelibrary/ezine/caseyhyd2.html

Some parts are helpful.Hope its okay to post this link. Sorry if it's not.

Advertisement