Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wire thinggy on trailer

Options
  • 01-03-2010 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Sorry for stupid title of post. (Can't you tell i'm the big expert, LOL?)
    What id the little wire line on a trailer for? ie when you hook up trailer to towbar, there is a long wire line with a clip on it. What is it for and where exactly are you supposed to attach it?
    Thanks so much in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

It goes around the ball on the towing vehicle.

It is incase the trailer becomes unattached from the towing vehicle it will still be connected and wont go across the road into oncoming traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Hello77

Thanks for your reply, i kinda thought that but sure that little wire would never hold the weight of the trailer, would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fizififi

Its connected to the hand brake on the horsebox so that if your box comes off the hitch while you are towing it will engage the brake and stop the box, (it does work!!!! happened to me recently)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Hello77

Jeez, scary stuff fizififi!
    Thanks for the replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

It surely does work. Just always remember to unclip after unhitching;).

• Advertisement
Advertisement