Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 to Meteor Porting Problem

• 01-03-2010 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭

Last Wednesday week I called into my local Meteor shop and signed up for a billpay contract. I wanted to keep my number, so the shop arranged the porting. Gave me a temporary no. and told me I should be ported over in 2 to 4 hours. A day passed and no port. Rang 1905 and CS told me a billpay port would take 24 to 48 hours. To cut a long story short I have been ringing CS on a daily basis. Nowt happened. I am out of contract with O2. Today I was told the port had come through and to turn off the phone for 2 hours and that it would have come through when I turned it on again. Left the phone off for 4 hours. Not a thing happened. Still have service on the O2 sim. Rang CS tonight. Got talking to a guy whom I can only describe as a moron. Unwilling to help & kept fobbing me off until I lost patience with him & told him to get a life :D. Has anybody else had a problem like this? Almost 2 weeks and no port :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭elmoie

funny you ask ported to Meteor 2 weeks ago -
    Port start Tuesday at 1.. Tuesday about 6 lost signal on my 3 phone so poped in meter sim and could get call and make call to another 3 phone but no text (thought it would take hour or two)
    Next day at 1 rang meter as still could not txt - girl said port still going could take up to 48 hours (told her i was not impressed but ok)
    Next day rang again about 1 and told port nearly finished eveything is ok
    Rang again about 5 got told oh its 3 they have not fully released your number (hmm so i rang 3 and got a guy who to my shock was helpful and said def everything was released at 2 on Tuesday)
    Rang back meteor and got told oh its your phone settings (on the phone i bought off meteor and had sent text from with my 3 sim but said hmmm doubt it but will try my sim in a new phone and get back
    Later that night tried in a friends meteor phone and shock could not send text hence was not a phone issue
    (got this is going on 4ever :D)
    Rang back meteor giving out as i was pissed at this stage and nice girl said sorry its a sim issue def a sim issue so i calmed down and said find ill head to the shop and get a new sim
    Next day went to shop and got a new sim but surprise didn't work ...the guy was thick as sh*t to be honest i talked him through what to do and what i had done and in the end he escalated it to IT dep apparently (higher than tech support he said)
    Then the next day i realized not only could i not send or receive txts but could not get calls off the meteor network itself !
    Rang meteor and got a girl i had already talked to .. basically said it was beyond a joke and they were not providing me the service i was paying for and they had till 9 on monday to fix the issue or i was moving network and break the contract and excepted a full refund (girl didn't sound 2 interested to be honest) so said i also wanted to make a complaint and escalate it to the next level and i wanted a call back with a status update
    The phone started work weirdly at sat night at 23:00 (dropped signal then i reset and it worked)
    Still have not got a call off meteor so going to ring tomorrow .. they really can feck up something so easy :(

hope yours goes a lot better lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

On to them again twice today. Had a real gentleman today. However the latest is that it will be tomorrow before the next effort to port is made. Fault lies with O2, the w**kers:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭thomasj

yep had this problem myself. Signed up on friday was ported across on monday evening. They were saying problem was on o2s side.

Two more efforts to port today. No dice. Both accounts are/were billpay and the O2 account is fully paid up. this would make youi despair.Will definitely not be paying O2 any more dosh. My bill period is up on 8th March. Will hold the DD until they compensate me for all this hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I switched from o2 to Meteor myself in January and had similar problems.
    Meteor imtimated but didn't come straight out and and say that the delay was o2's fault but I was kind of pointed in that direction.
    I called o2 myself regarding the porting thing and they were pretty clear in explaining that the delay had nothing to do with them. For the record I believed o2.

It took me several phone calls and over a week to finally get it sorted out
    It's all good now tho... more minutes, and twice the texts, for almost half the price. So worth the wait.
    I still owed o2 at the time of porting and still had no trouble with the number being ported.
    For the record, if you're still in contract with o2 at the time of porting, there's a €38 charge.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Tallus. I'm out of contract with O2. Will give O2 a shout tomorrow to hear their explanation:rolleyes:

I'd wager o2 will tell you that the problem has nothing to do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭Floppybits

This is normal for each operator to blame the other for porting problems. If you are having hassle with porting and it has gone on over 24 hours then get onto to the communications regulator OFCOM and tell them, they then get onto the operators and tell them to sort it out. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭thomasj

just out of interest did you have multiple numbers tied to that account? For example mobile phone and also mobile broadband within the one account?

tallus wrote: »
    I'd wager o2 will tell you that the problem has nothing to do with them.

You lose, I win:) Got on to a very nice lady in O2 CS today. She arranged that O2 would erase all the porting requests from their system as multiple requests was possibly causing their system to cancel the other requests. Make what you will of that, but in fairness to her, she tried at least. Went back to Meteor & told them the story. They put through another porting request & said allow 24 hrs for it to go through. Fingers crossed !!!!

• Advertisement

thomasj wrote: »
    just out of interest did you have multiple numbers tied to that account? For example mobile phone and also mobile broadband within the one account?

No, single phone & single account. On billpay, paying by DD, so no problems on that side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Has anyone had any issues moving O2 PAYG to Meteor Bill ?

Herself will be porting in a couple of days (**cough** Hero **cough**) and it's her work number.

Wouldn't do to have her off the air ... when the port was delayed I'm assuming ye were still getting calls on your O2 SIM ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

I can't believe this rubbish is still going on. I attempted to port from O2 to Meteor about 6 years ago. Like yourself, it took over 2 weeks of constant phone calls and calls in person to the shop to get it sorted. I then had nothing but problems with Meteor for several years, eventually took them to the small claims court over a rather major issue I was having, won, and moved back to O2. No problems since :D

Although people seem to have a high opinion of Meteor in general. Maybe I was just extremely unlucky. I hope you have better luck OP :)

long_b wrote: »
    Has anyone had any issues moving O2 PAYG to Meteor Bill ?

Herself will be porting in a couple of days (**cough** Hero **cough**) and it's her work number.

Wouldn't do to have her off the air ... when the port was delayed I'm assuming ye were still getting calls on your O2 SIM ?

My o2 sim worked until the day they ported the number over.

Hallelujah !!! Ported yesterday:D 30 mins after my daily call to Meteor:D And got 30 yoyos credit when I complained:D. Thats a month and a half free service:D . Must use that to upload the maps on Nokia 6700.

Advertisement