Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a web developer in Galway City

Options
  • 01-03-2010 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭

I already have the design made from scratch although it needs to be turned into code. In other words, I don't want one of these companies that just charge you an arm and a leg to modify a template that ends up looking cookie cutter.

It's gonna need to be a pretty modern, flashy site which is why it's beyond my own HTML/CSS capabilities.

So does anyone know a talented web developer in Galway City? If so, please pm me and we can start talking money.

Magnus, PopeBuckfast, p00k: I know it's not a job site. But I'd prefer to search for someone on boards where I'm a part of the community, rather than posting an ad in the advertiser etc. and getting some randomer that I can't check out as easily.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭BJohnson

Xiney wrote: »
    I already have the design made from scratch although it needs to be turned into code. In other words, I don't want one of these companies that just charge you an arm and a leg to modify a template that ends up looking cookie cutter.

It's gonna need to be a pretty modern, flashy site which is why it's beyond my own HTML/CSS capabilities.

So does anyone know a talented web developer in Galway City? If so, please pm me and we can start talking money.

Magnus, PopeBuckfast, p00k: I know it's not a job site. But I'd prefer to search for someone on boards where I'm a part of the community, rather than posting an ad in the advertiser etc. and getting some randomer that I can't check out as easily.

Hey Xiney, have you heard of Squarespace? I put together 3 sites using their tools so far. You can do a free 2 week trial (no credit card needed) to play around with it. You start with one of many, many cool templates and then customise them as much as you want. Check out the examples of sites created using their tools:

http://www.squarespace.com/examples/

It's pretty easy to use their tools - it's all online, and their customer service is amazing - usually get responses in under 30 mins. You might be surprised what you can do yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Sconsey

There's one called wix.com which is similar to Squarespace but is all Flash design, loads of templates to work from, might be worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I'd definately be up for doing it if I wasn't busy with final year exams until mid May!

I've been very impressed with the quality of work these guys do: http://www.thedesigntribe.com/website-design.html
    They're a Galway company, no idea how expensive/cheap they are but they've a nice attention to detail. And no I've no connection to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

For the love of Christ don't design your website in Flash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Well xiney said "flashy site", not necessarily flash! I'd definitely stay away from flash for a full site alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

It won't be done in Flash - don't worry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

il do it for a reasonable price, what are the specs?
    do you need hosting and the domain name?

if you have the design done out in photoshop it will be easy enough to code it up

pm me

shall pm you now

website is done up in photoshop presently (unsliced)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

http://www.forbairt.ie/
    Not Galway based any more thought.

Did you look in Web forums under Tech?
    Lots of developers post there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

More of a backend programmer but depending on what you need that might suit you. Of course boards.ie rates apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭thedesigntribe

foto joe wrote: »
    I'd definately be up for doing it if I wasn't busy with final year exams until mid May!

I've been very impressed with the quality of work these guys do: http://www.thedesigntribe.com/website-design.html
    They're a Galway company, no idea how expensive/cheap they are but they've a nice attention to detail. And no I've no connection to them!

It a real lift when you log on to boards with your 10am coffee & come across :) this, cheers Joe.

Xiney

PM coming your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Why not ask a few students in NUI or GMIT,
    Dr Bob in GMIT has a web design show case every year and some of the work is very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭W!zard

I can help you to convert it in a matter of minutes with in being done in photoshop, otherwise you got plenty of helpful offers from some good guys here! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭unJustMary

Mike... wrote: »
    Why not ask a few students in NUI or GMIT,
    Dr Bob in GMIT has a web design show case every year and some of the work is very good

I can't speak for what Xiney wants, but dealing with someone who'll still be around in a year or two when you want to change your website is generally a really good idea.

Your neighbour's kid who's studying in NUIG/GMIT/etc will most probably be on his/her world trip by then, and just not so interested once they've graduated.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭thedesigntribe

Sorry for initiating the mutual appreciation society but WOW, WOW

http://flickriver.com/photos/36224551@N04/popular-interesting/

Nice stuff foto-joe

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭forumfiend

Nice stuff foto-joe

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

Sorry for initiating the mutual appreciation society but WOW, WOW

http://flickriver.com/photos/36224551@N04/popular-interesting/

Nice stuff foto-joe

+ 2

I was actually just going to ask Magnus to close this - but he's moved it instead.

I've offered someone the job and they've accepted, thanks for all your replies and pms.

(also that is indeed beautiful work, foto-joe!)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dubbeat

For the love of Christ don't design your website in Flash.

Whats wrong with flash sites?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Sorry Xiney, we have a Situations Vacant sticky on this forum where such request go. I know this was moved from Galway City so its not your fault. Feel free to stick an ad in the sticky though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement