Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

KC on Today FM

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Bard wrote: »
    personally, he's a really nice guy too - one of the nicest in radio in Ireland today.

I know him for 15 years or more and to say he's a gentleman wouldn't even go close to doing him justice. Great guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 seannaigh

KC and Lenny on Red FM were pure radio gold. A major major loss to the station. Have listened in a couple of times on Today FM and impressed so far seems to be the same brilliant KC

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Rebellious Jukebox

the funny thing about the "Informer" song is that KC would have played it if he was a dj back then. Himself and Ray Foley think talking about embarrassing stuff from the recent past is hilarious, when its people like them that promote its popularity in the first place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Slightly off topic.. but... Huge congrats to KC and his wife on the birth of baby Robyn a few days ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jimmyjon

Awww, the poor guy.

He made a bloody awful song (albeit so bad it's good in some ways) which even clocked in at no. 33 in a list of the top 100 all time worst songs ever - not that I can say I 100% agree with that list, but I agree with the inclusion of "Informer"!

If I was interviewing him, I'm sure I'd rip the piss a bit too, in fairness!

I'd have loads of time for KC... particularly enjoy his show whenever I catch it - and personally, he's a really nice guy too - one of the nicest in radio in Ireland today.

No idea as to whether or not he's a nice guy, maybe he is, but his "banter" with his sidekick has about the same humour levels as Colm and Jimjim ... when they're having an off-day... which is quite low indeed! And if you're wondering "well why do you listen to him then?", don't worry I haven't in a while and don't plan to again any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Slightly off topic.. but... Huge congrats to KC and his wife on the birth of baby Robyn a few days ago :)

Yay for childbirth! \O/ Congrats Keith.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 John the baptist

I feel so strongly about this topic that I will lose my posting virginity to the subject. Due to changed circumstances I’ve been in the position where I’ve had my first opportunity to listen to KC at night on Today FM of late. God he’s awful. Is he popular? Does anyone find him funny? I’ve heard him now on three occasions and he is the most humourless drone of a presenter I’ve ever heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Lucozade man

He doesnt seem to be anywhere near as popular as Ray Foley was when the did that slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

I feel so strongly about this topic that I will lose my posting virginity to the subject. Due to changed circumstances I’ve been in the position where I’ve had my first opportunity to listen to KC at night on Today FM of late. God he’s awful. Is he popular? Does anyone find him funny? I’ve heard him now on three occasions and he is the most humourless drone of a presenter I’ve ever heard.

First post? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 John the baptist

First post? :rolleyes:

Yep, spot on there. But not my first day on the internet so i have a fair idea of how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Yep, spot on there. But not my first day on the internet so i have a fair idea of how it works.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ste88m

His listenership is on the up as far as I know, but no, he's not quite close to Foley when he did that slot but with the way more and more people are tuning to local radio anymore, it's unlikely he'll match it.

Personally, I quite like the show. It's definitely aimed at a younger more mainstream audience than Paul McLoone but I'd much prefer to listen to KC than to Alison Curtis / Tim Kelly. 'Humourless drone' is definitely not a term I'd use to describe him.

Also, I don't know him very well, but in my opinion, you honestly couldn't know a nicer, more down to earth guy.

Chuck him into a daytime slot, Tony Fenton's for instance, and he'd do very well. Although having listened to him covering for Dempsey, D'Arcy & Foley recently, I think he could probably do very well anywhere on the schedule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭HeisenbergBB

I think he's class. Never a fan of Alison Curtis. Keep up the good work KC!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I listen to KC most nights of the week - have to say I enjoy his show, He just gets on with the job and doesn't enter the "I'm absolutly brilliant and you have to listen to me" attitide of some of the other presenters on TODAY FM.

Advertisement