Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom & Linksys VPN Router

• 01-03-2010 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi

I need to set up a VPN tunnel to my workplace through my Eircom broadband DSL connection. I have a Linksys BEFVP41 Cable/DSL router. Just wondering if anybody if anybody has got one of these working? As far as I can see it doesn't just work out of the box using PPOE and the Eircom username and password.

Many thanks if you can help ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

bambooman2 wrote: »
    Hi

I need to set up a VPN tunnel to my workplace through my Eircom broadband DSL connection. I have a Linksys BEFVP41 Cable/DSL router. Just wondering if anybody if anybody has got one of these working? As far as I can see it doesn't just work out of the box using PPOE and the Eircom username and password.

Many thanks if you can help ;)

Given that the linksys is a router did you put your Eircom router/modem into bridge mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭bambooman2

dub45 wrote: »
    Given that the linksys is a router did you put your Eircom router/modem into bridge mode?

Many thanks for replying dub45. Given that the Linksys is a Cable /DSL Router I thought it would be possible to connect it directly to the ADSL line rather than using the Eircom supplied Netopia as an in between device. Perhaps this is naive on my part.

Advertisement