Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beretta Chokes

Options
  • 02-03-2010 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi all,

I was cleaning my beretta choke (optima chokes) the other day when i was carrying out a full service/clean. I noticed when vleaning the inside of the choke that I could feel the external threads on slightly on the internal surface of the choke tube. It was a quarter choke (yellow) I thought it may have been because the choke would be more open than the half in top barrel however when I compared it to the cylinder(blue) and skeet (red) they were ok because I very rarely use them.
    Could it be just caused by ware and tear?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Irish Springer

More than likely caused by overtightening of the choke.
    The walls on chokes are very thin and won't take much abuse from tightening.

Will affect you pattern as it slightly tightens your choke.

Also check that there is no dirt on the barrels thread as that could have done the damage to the thread.

Advertisement