Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whitsundays Holiday

Options
  • 02-03-2010 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Myself and girlfriend are thinking about flying up from Melbourne to the Whitsundays for a 5 days in June. Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay as the choice is a bit overwhelming. Which Islands are the best and are there any reasonably priced hotels. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Give us what you can afford As we went there for a week and it cost about 3-4 grand AUD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I took the GF to Daydream Island last June for 5 Days and it cost $1800 for the 2 of us inc the flights... Had an excellent ocean view room (basically on the sand) and 4x evening meal each. Very relaxing.

PS that was from Sydney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 aidan12124

That's exactly what I'm looking for!!

can you tell me who you booked that with or did you just book everything separately?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

aidan12124 wrote: »
    That's exactly what I'm looking for!!

can you tell me who you booked that with or did you just book everything separately?

I booked it last May with the Flight Centre it was a Stimulus special but I think they do special deals for June every year since its off-season.

It was only $1600 for both of us but I paid an extra $200 for the ocean room rather than the garden view.

Inc Flights from Sydney and ferry Transfers, evening meal each x4 nights all as Stimulus package special

http://www.daydreamisland.com/galleries-imageview-gen.php?image_id=31

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 aidan12124

so i can get good deals on 5 nights in Airlie beach or 5 nights in long island... would anyone have any recommendation on staying in either of these locations? Would it be a good idea to base yourself in Airlie beach and travel out to islands during the day?

• Advertisement
Advertisement