Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.TV - Has It Ceased To Be ? ..

Options
  • 02-03-2010 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭

Expired and gone to meet his maker ? ....

Doesn't seem to have been online since around the time of the Boards.ie hack a while back.

There was very little activity there last time I checked, but the sticky about Boards.TV is still there in the main boards.ie TV forum.

Just wondering, Thanks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Without dismissing it-I think reality has bitten. It was an idea that didn't come to fruition, despite the efforts of a few volunteers from here who got involved. We can only guess, but the international fora seem to have suffered the same fate, since the site was taken down after the security breach.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Cloud has a plan to subsume them back in Boards.ie. Maintaining that many different installations of vB didnt seem smart, along with people being impersonated on them from time to time (since usernames taken here, werent taken there). It makes more sense to bring anything there back in under the Boards.ie wing.

Cloud can tell you more or I'll see if I can find out but right now I'm under a pile of work and in a different country :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Thanks for that, DeVore.

Good luck with the re-integration of the forum into boards.ie, hope it goes smoothly.

Advertisement