Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you like to see come to Dundalk

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jiggawigga

Don't think it's a simple case of adding a shop or two or 'another' cinema and life will be all dandy.

To answer the ops question I'd like to see a change in attitude and some out of the box forward thinking in Dundalk.

Consider it, there's already plenty of shops, plenty of places to eat, lots of sports - Horses, Greyhounds, Soccer (LOI, AUL, MDL, Schoolboys), GAA, Athletics (Triathlons, Duathlons), Ice Dome, Cycling, The Gym, Felda, JJB, Educogym, a Bowling Alley, Pool Halls, places for Fishing, a cinema (which tbh you can't really complain about). Lots of pubs, restaurants, a handful of niteclubs and various other activities you could enjoy if you were at a loose end.

What is the problem? Aside from the crap weather :) I think the overall design of the town sucks. The place needs a bit of focus if you ask me. Maybe it's just the result of too many numpties in charge. I don't think it's something that's going to change in my lifetime either. Consider the boom we just royally screwed up. We won't see a boom like that for a long time, if ever and what did we do when we had everything going for us? **** all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

it needs a good focus, but i don't think that new design for market square is it... it looks like a bloody airport from above!

10431_102268693121645_100000155431559_66132_3152556_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

A Sainsbury's & Asda to stop cross border shopping, at least this way the VAT on products would go to the Dept. of Finance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

As a Christian I believe its missing a good old shop like Veritas.ie then I wouldnt have to travel so far to get my bits and pieces.

Pax Christi Stephen

There's a nice religious shop down beside Byrne's chemist Stephen. There's other stuff in it too like crystals. You can get lovely candles of saints too in St Nicholas' for €2 of St Teresa, Padre Pio, St Brigid etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Dunkin Donuts! *drools...*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dioza

A decent petshop would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Dioza wrote: »
    A decent petshop would be nice.

What's wrong with the one at the Fair Green? Haven't been there in years myself but it always used to be decent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 Mr Locksmith

Discount shop based in retail park now moving into dearys.I think its the one called C discount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

doncarlos wrote: »
    What's wrong with the one at the Fair Green? Haven't been there in years myself but it always used to be decent.

Been there since it was done up? Far bigger than it used to be. The little monkey is cool as well. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Discount shop based in retail park now moving into dearys.I think its the one called C discount.

That's the one that was having it' "liquidation" sale!!

Fcuk all in there to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dioza

doncarlos wrote: »

I keep fish as a hobby and their stock is horrible quality and over priced. I would only bore you if i went into specifics :pac: The staff aren't very knowledgeable either. I go to lisburn for all my fish related needs. Theres no decent place within 50 miles IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

a decent town/market square development would be the silver bullet that pulls the (commerial)town out of the downward spiral it has been in for a while.the town council rightly pulled the plug on the previous,greed inspired proposal.the williamsoms mall plan also looks like it has some meat on its bone.
    maybe the company(c discount or whatever you call it)that is moving into dearys realises that out of town retail parks arent the commerical elixer that some of their contemparies seem to think that it is.Indeed a company such as Heatons might well have trippled its footfall(from where they are) had they decided to remain in the town centre(Dearys being the ideal spot for such a move)yet the commericial manager of that establishment probaly pats him/her self on the back every night for the BRAVE move they made in going to the said retail park.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 J Brennan

BluefinnST wrote: »
    A decent supermarket. Dunnes has a pretty basic range when compared to the likes of Tesco Asda Sainsburys etc. What about aldi/lidl? Theyre quite nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 J Brennan

Keithm89 wrote: »
    Dunkin Donuts! *drools...*

Had something like that a year or two ago... Krispy kremes... was it in superquinn? They had the labels anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

might be veering off topic but i cant seem to find an amatur drama society, im thinking of joining An Tain, iv no expericence whatsoever though so its a bit scary

Advertisement