Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul McCartney - RDS June 12 2010. All discussion, no ticket sales or swaps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Thank's to honesty i missed him in the o2 so i hope to god this is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

DAMN Leaving Cert

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Hmmm. That's a bit of a dilemma. Still, it's a Saturday night. Study in the morning and on Sunday. If you want to get a decent place near the front, you won't need to hit the RDS until mid to late afternoon. Failing that, buy a seat, and head along for 8:00 or so. If he can replicate the O2 performance, it'll be excellent.
    That's just my two cents.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Oh,i thought it was a weekday....

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Can't wait for this gig!!! Macca in the O2 last December was one of the best gigs I've ever seen too!!! Flawless!!!

Tickets go onsale: Monday, March 8th, 9am.

EDIT: just read in the paper, tickets will cost €81.25
    (Steep, can't complain too much tho, as Macca puts on a show to remember!)

EDIT!!!: sorry people the newspaper got it wrong!
    Tickets prices go from €70 to €156.25!

(Phew!!! well €70 will do me just fine Sir Macca!!!)

(On a negative thought it looks like the Kings of Leon will now be doing Slane :eek: :confused:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Woooo dont care about the price. Always wanted to see him and missed out on the O2 gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭joekeville

Lowest price in tickets is 70 Euro just heard it on radio 1 !

No,lowest price is 81

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭akenny01

thank god he wont be playing slane :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Much prefer to see him at the RDS than Slane. I missed the o2 gig and some of the vids of it on Youtube made me so jealous. I will defo be getting tickets for this. Seen him there in 2003 and was right at the back. Hopefully this time round will be much better :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

How much is a pitch ticket does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Healium wrote: »
    No,lowest price is 81

The prices range from €70 to €157. Reference Ticketmaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I see there is a pre-sale starting tomorrow at 9am via paulmccartney.com

http://www.paulmccartney.com/news.php#/1872/2010-03

TICKET INFO
    The fan club pre-sale for the concerts listed below will go on sale on Wednesday 3rd March 9am.

You don't need to register on the site - I don't see any more details at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

SkidMark wrote: »

TICKET INFO
    The fan club pre-sale for the concerts listed below will go on sale on Wednesday 3rd March 9am.

You don't need to register on the site - I don't see any more details at the moment

The rest of the details are also being released in the morning at 9am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 themucaro

SkidMark wrote: »

TICKET INFO

Have been hunting around trying to find the code but no joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Anyone any ideas on how to obtain one of these codes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Hi guys, I know we had the same problem trying to get codes for the show in O2 in December. That time the code was "Good Evening Dublin" or something. So I'm guessing this time the code will be a version of the name of the show which is "Up and Coming". I guess the code won't be released until 9am on www.paulmccartney.com.
    Thanks to all of you boardsies I got the code the last time and got a ticket. Possibly the best night of my life, he was fantastic, also a great backing band. So this time I'm relying on you all to find the code...
    He seemed to haver got a real buzz from the audience in O2, but I didn't think he'd be back so soon! Let's all give him a night to remember!
    Sorry for all you Leaving Cert guys, hopefully you can get along for a few hours!

same to you, if you get the code first post it up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Anyone reckon the code could be "Coming Up" a play on the tour name and an old Macca tune! :D

I think the band are great although the drummer I feel lacks alot on Ringo's fast drumming on the earlier Beatles tunes!!!

Sorry for all you Leaving Cert guys, hopefully you can get along for a few hours!
    Oh shush :o
    I was at the O2 in December, my first Macca gig, amazing. I have a horrible feeling this'll be his last tour. Don't tempt me to mess up my Monday exams :p

• Advertisement

Anyone reckon the code could be "Coming Up" a play on the tour name and an old Macca tune! :D

I think the band are great although the drummer I feel lacks alot on Ringo's fast drumming on the earlier Beatles tunes!!!
    Ah no, I loved the drummer, thought he had a great personality! I will put up the code, if I get it, hope to be on the site at 9am. The last time this happened, I was on a day off work. What do you know, I'm off tomorrow too! It's looking good...
    Coming Up or Up and Coming???

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

FUUUU- I'm going on holidays on the 8th. :'(

Healium wrote: »
    Oh shush :o
    I was at the O2 in December, my first Macca gig, amazing. I have a horrible feeling this'll be his last tour. Don't tempt me to mess up my Monday exams :p
    I wouldn't dream of it! Glad you got to go to the O2 in December. A lot of young people there seemed to enjoy it (old fogey myself!)

nommm wrote: »
    FUUUU- I'm going on holidays on the 8th. :'(
    maybe he'll come back again if we're all really good....

For facebook fans....
    http://www.facebook.com/PaulMcCartney

Anyone any idea what the limit will be ?

For the 02 gig you could only buy 2 on presale, and another 2 at general sale i think.

Can't see the code, and time is ticking down !

According to "official fanclub.net" the password is

"PMFAN"

http://www.officialfanclub.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=303:paul-mccartney-ticket-presales-amex-code&catid=3:newsflash&Itemid=87

NEW DATES - Sir Paul will cross the pond for an Exclusive UK Tour
    Monday 5th April 2010 - Coliseo De Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico (presale begins March 5th)

Sunday 13th June – Isle Of Wight Festival (www.ticketzone.co.uk 08444 99 99 55)

On sale Monday 8th March at 9am - Pre-sale Wednesday 3rd March 9am GMT
    Sat 12th June – RDS, Dublin - Presales code / password: 'PMFAN'
    Sun 20th June – Hampden Park, Glasgow - Presales code / password: 'PMFAN'
    Sat 26th June – Millennium Stadium, Cardiff - Presales code / password: 'PMFAN'
    Sun 27th June – Hard Rock Calling, London - Presales code / password: 'PMFAN'

not the right password !! bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

Do you need American Express card to buy today or will Visa etc. work.

• Advertisement

You need the fancode pass before you can even buy them man !

Advertisement