Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul McCartney - RDS June 12 2010. All discussion, no ticket sales or swaps

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Do you just go to ticketmaster and type in the code into the american xpress code box thing

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ktc1

miketv wrote: »
    Just a quick note. Judging by the diagram of the pitch it appears that there is seating right in front of the stage? If this is the case does that mean that people who get into the stadium first with standing tickets will be well behind the stage (behind the front rows of seats) and if that is the case does that not ruin the atmosphere? Effectively the "pit" is seating? Has anyone seen this before at a rock concert?:confused:
    ta
    Mike

This is the way it was for Simon and Garfunkel in the RDS in 2004. It definitely takes away from the "pit" atmosphere and it probably reflects the age profile of a lot of the fans, myself included! I'm delighted because my wife insists on sitting at concerts so the "pit" wasn't an option in 2003. Now I'll see Macca up close and in comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Just a quick note. Judging by the diagram of the pitch it appears that there is seating right in front of the stage? If this is the case does that mean that people who get into the stadium first with standing tickets will be well behind the stage (behind the front rows of seats) and if that is the case does that not ruin the atmosphere? Effectively the "pit" is seating? Has anyone seen this before at a rock concert?:confused:
    ta
    Mike
    Ps thanks for all the help on tickets for this one got my 2 standing

The seating at the front of the stage are about 150 a go, so it doesnt matter what time you get in their at, they are reserved.

Agreed that it's a bit of a crap idea, the O2 gig had none of that and it was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Yeah I agree the layout is bad but after alot of consideration I went for standing ticket as it is almost half the price. If we queue early enough and be leaning on the barrier we will be almost as close as the back row of the flat seating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

ktc1 wrote: »
    ta
    Mike

This is the way it was for Simon and Garfunkel in the RDS in 2004. It definitely takes away from the "pit" atmosphere and it probably reflects the age profile of a lot of the fans, myself included! I'm delighted because my wife insists on sitting at concerts so the "pit" wasn't an option in 2003. Now I'll see Macca up close and in comfort.

what makes you think your going to get good seats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Ended up in this thread by accident and thank christ i did. thanks for the link, got 2 tickets standing...apparently. hope its not another Miley Cyrus scam thing, I know its not but Im paranoid at the best of times.

Wouldnt have been able to have internet access monday morning so youve saved my ass. thanks again.:D:D:D

telekon wrote: »
    Ended up in this thread by accident and thank christ i did. thanks for the link, got 2 tickets standing...apparently. hope its not another Miley Cyrus scam thing, I know its not but Im paranoid at the best of times.

Wouldnt have been able to have internet access monday morning so youve saved my ass. thanks again.:D:D:D

Definately not a scam but I must say I'm a little wary of when our tickets will arrive as from friends experience they are notoriously slow at dispatching in the UK but I too would have found booking Monday morning problematic and also for tomorrows Ticketmaster member pre-sale so I just snatched up tickets today and I can rest easy now. Must say I'm surprised at Ticketmaster offering a pre-sale as they don't often do it. I'm a member for years and my only recollection of them offering tickets in advance were for Oxegen and I don't 'do' festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kj72

thanks for this - just got 4 and relieved to hear it is not a scam - as was starting to have one or two doubts but seems all good. hopefully they might send out tickets sooner than usual as they're sending to ireland...how slow have they been in the uk musicmania??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I felt sorry for the ppl sitting down at the O2 gig, they didn't seem to be having half the time all us standing and rocking out did ! :D:)

For the O2 i had 4 tickets, 2 standin + 2 seating, gave the 2 seating ones away to the parents, wanted the atmosphere
    Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands All the rest of you If you'll just rattle your jewellery

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Thank you so much futureadvocate, that link wasn't there this morning that I could see. I got my ticket, thanks. Like you all, I am worried about the postal thing, I'd much prefer to have the ticket by e-mail or physically in my hands. Oh well, just another thing to fret over.
    :D:D
    The countdown starts.....

• Advertisement

Anyone still get tickets at this hour?

Anyone still get tickets at this hour?
    Yes, I just got mine about half an hour ago. I'd say you'll be OK, just try futureadvocates link. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ktc1

ktc1 wrote: »

what makes you think your going to get good seats

Eh.... because as I said in another post I've already got them through the Fanclub presale. Fifth row in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Hi Lads,
    I got 4 standing tickets off the mccartney website today...

Am I allowed get more with the same credit card off ticketmaster during general sale ? or is that against the terms and conditions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Tickets up on ebay for ridiculous prices already

Tickets up on ebay for ridiculous prices already

That is a disgrace but hopefully people will have the sense to wait for the main sale Monday.

Also in reply to another post a friend of mine only got her tickets for U2 a few days before the gig in the Uk but hopefully ours will be dispatched earlier....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Do people reckon this will sell-out quickly on Monday morning?

sitstill wrote: »

I will be very surprised if it dosen't! I know we are in the recession and he played in December but I think someone of his callibre will be an instant sellout. Especially if Michael Buble could sell almost 80,000 tickets in a day for his 2 shows. I'm just relieved I have my ticket sorted.

Wonder would he ad a 2nd date?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

sitstill wrote: »
    Of all the Shows this Summer this One deserves to Sell Out..Left the O2 at Christmas with my jaw nearly hitting the Floor..Mind Blowing Performance..

Having said that I dont see this Selling Out on Day 1..Expected Macca to Sell Out the O2 Show in Minutes but it took a Couple Of Days and tickets were readily available all day in both Pre-Sales for that Show..He hadnt played here for years before that show so would have expected demand to be through the Roof..

Less than 6 Months later hes Selling 35000 tickets at Similiar Prices compared to the 14000 for the O2..Its like any other Gig..If you really gotta be there buy them on Monday..Especially Front of Stage Flat Seating or Gen Admission Pitch..but id say there will be lots of €156 Stand Tickets still left on Monday Evening..

Cant see there being a Second Date..Hes playing Isle Of Wight the Day after the RDS and going by his previous tours it doesnt seem to be the way he does things..besides the fact he plays for 3 Hours pretty much rules Out 3 Shows in 3 Nights..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

The gig at the O2 was my favourite ever but ticket prices are too high and the standing area being 26 rows of seating back from the stage put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

chordtype wrote: »
    The gig at the O2 was my favourite ever but ticket prices are too high and the standing area being 26 rows of seating back from the stage put me off.
    Agreed on that..We were lucky enough to get very close to the Stage for the Second half of the O2 Show..about 4 Rows from the Barrier right in front of Macca and the Crowd were REALLY into it.. Has anyone ever been to a Rock Gig with this Set Up Before??..
    Just wondering how it will work?..If I was in those Seats in Front of the Stage id want to stand for the whole show but know that many around me wouldnt..

Presume he'll do the Slower stuff first and then when he starts doing stuff like Back in the USSR, Live and let Die ,Get back etc everyone will get up..

Just cant imagin being in the Front Rows of the Standing Area Rockin Out with a load of people sitting down in Front of You and such a Big Gap to the Stage..

Hopefully Macca will walk on at the Start ,Plug in ,and tell everyone "This is a Rock n Roll Show..Get the F*#@ Up":pac::P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Peckham

Wow, tickets still available through pre-sale. Just bought 2 standing.

How do you get the presale code? Did you have to sign up on his website?

How do you get the presale code? Did you have to sign up on his website?

No just visit the website and follow the instructions there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I logged on to the presale and was going to buy a seated ticket but baulked at the €160+ price. I was at the O2 and it was one of the best concerts I was ever at but that is just a crazy price.
    I am going to wait until closer to the concert and take my chances on a standing ticket then. However everyone standing will be a further distance back than normal because of the seats at the front so standing wont be anything like the experience we had in the O2 imo.

Maybe some people are still in celtic tiger mode but, to me, that price for an artist I was at only a few months ago is just not on, especially as money is pretty tight - though I could afford it. Hard to justify to the missus as I was at quite a few gigs last year.

Yeah I agree the prices are a disgrace hence why I went for standing. It's not like he needs the money! And the atmosphere won't be the same as the O2 but I couldn't resist the chance of seeing Macca twice in 6 months! That layout is SO annoying. It was similiar for Simon and Garfunkel in 2004 and I really hope if the rumours of them playing in Ireland in the summer are true that the gig will be in the O2 where that can't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭prunudo

-

Cheers Musicmania , got a wait till the mammy gets home to use her credit card

• Advertisement

Let us all know when you get your ticket!!!!!!

Advertisement