Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul McCartney - RDS June 12 2010. All discussion, no ticket sales or swaps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Hot Sound tickets on sale in the morning. Details:

Hot Sound Package Includes:
    Official Premium Category One Concert Ticket,
    VIP Entrance & Access With 2 Hour Pre-Show Dinner,
    Served In A VIP Suite At The Venue,
    Glass Of Champagne Upon Arrival,
    Complimentary Bar Of Beer, Wine & Soft Drinks,
    Exclusive Pass To Pre-Show Sound Check,
    Two Course Meal Served Pre-Show,
    Complimentary Merchandise Item,
    Collectible Tour Laminate,
    1 Hour Post-Show Drinks Reception,
    On Site Event Staff,
    Pre-Show Itineraries

Priced at.......................... wait for it.......................
    €1032.75!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

musicmania wrote: »
    Hot Sound tickets on sale in the morning. Details:

Hot Sound Package Includes:
    Official Premium Category One Concert Ticket,
    VIP Entrance & Access With 2 Hour Pre-Show Dinner,
    Served In A VIP Suite At The Venue,
    Glass Of Champagne Upon Arrival,
    Complimentary Bar Of Beer, Wine & Soft Drinks,
    Exclusive Pass To Pre-Show Sound Check,
    Two Course Meal Served Pre-Show,
    Complimentary Merchandise Item,
    Collectible Tour Laminate,
    1 Hour Post-Show Drinks Reception,
    On Site Event Staff,
    Pre-Show Itineraries

Priced at.......................... wait for it.......................
    €1032.75!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh leave them off. Anyone I met that bought those tickets at the O2 were a shower of stuck-up yokes. I queued in the freezing cold for 2 hours and got 2nd row from the front, and my ticket was only €75

I got dizzy during Get Back, and I knew I was gonna faint. I asked the woman in front of me to let me over the barrier. She started spitting venom at me. I kept asking her, and she was just roaring at me. That's when I got pissed :cool:
    I started roaring into her face that I needed to get out, and then I just fell backwards :p Luckily someone caught me, but I was sprawled out on the floor at the side of the stage for Yesterday and Helter Skelter, and I was in the infirmary for Sgt. Peppers :(
    I'll never forgive that woman! I'll tear her backwards through a ditch and burn her premium ticket if I ever see her again! :pac:

Healium wrote: »
    Oh leave them off. Anyone I met that bought those tickets at the O2 were a shower of stuck-up yokes. I queued in the freezing cold for 2 hours and got 2nd row from the front, and my ticket was only €75

I got dizzy during Get Back, and I knew I was gonna faint. I asked the woman in front of me to let me over the barrier. She started spitting venom at me. I kept asking her, and she was just roaring at me. That's when I got pissed :cool:
    I started roaring into her face that I needed to get out, and then I just fell backwards :p Luckily someone caught me, but I was sprawled out on the floor at the side of the stage for Yesterday and Helter Skelter, and I was in the infirmary for Sgt. Peppers :(
    I'll never forgive that woman! I'll tear her backwards through a ditch and burn her premium ticket if I ever see her again! :pac:

What a bitch! Are you coming to the show in June? You deserve a good show after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

musicmania wrote: »
    What a bitch! Are you coming to the show in June? You deserve a good show after that!
    I know! And I was so polite to her and all that I fainted rather than push past her :p Hope my dangling ankles clipped her ears as I was dragged over her head :p Oh, and she was SO happy! She was dangling a piece of paper in front of my view for the whole show, "Happy Christmas Paul!". He caught sight of it, gave her a wink, and she nearly died :p I hope she's feckin' happy :cool:
    Ah that didn't ruin the show for me, though. It was the best concert of my life! Sadly I probably won't be going in June, Leaving Cert on Monday :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭theniall

Too hard to pass this up, saw him in the o2 but damn it was so good I'm gonna see him again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Got a standing ticket this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Still havn't got my ticket... Better get it soon! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

I didn't take any chances and bought mine on presale through paulmccartney.com / crowdsurge.com but kinda wish I'd waited for general ticketmaster sale now if the delivery is sketchy. Also it would have been cheaper to hold off for ticketmaster to avoid the postage costs!

Aw well, at least I'm going I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kj72

i emailed crowdsurge to ask when the tickets will be delivered and if they have to be signed for and this was the reply i got - should be ok by the sounds of it - fingers crossed!!

:

Sorry we couldn't get back to you sooner. Here is some information from
    royal mail regarding your delivery type.

"If you sent the tickets via International Signed For then they will not be
    delivered unless someone signs for the item. The delivery aim is 3 to 5
    working days (not including the day of posting.)"

We advise that tickets will be dispatched as soon as we have received the
    ticket stock. This will be closer to event date but at least two weeks prior
    to the event. Probably much earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Bit of a thread bump here... just wondering if anyone who bought tickets in the presale managed to get them yet? I'm still waiting... bit anxious now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Got two tickets on presale with crowdsurge and still no tickets.
    I aint worried just yet cause gigs not till June maybe just get them closer to the time?? Or is there some other reason i dont know about as to why i should start worrying lol ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Got two tickets on presale with crowdsurge and still no tickets.
    I aint worried just yet cause gigs not till June maybe just get them closer to the time?? Or is there some other reason i dont know about as to why i should start worrying lol ??

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

mine havent arrived either but someone on here did mention that tickets from that crowd only come very close to the actual date.

df1985 wrote: »
    mine havent arrived either but someone on here did mention that tickets from that crowd only come very close to the actual date.

According to friends of mine in the UK concert tickets are only dispatched a few days before the event. Bit annoying but I figure there will be plenty of us in the same situation if they don't arrive on time and something will have to be done to accomodate us.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Yeah I doubt there is anything to worry about, don't they say whilst booking the tickets if they don't arrive a week before the event, contact someone, :confused:

I hope so anyway! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Has anyone got there tickets from Crowdsurge in the post yet?

Still waiting on two from them gigs next month......

Has anyone got there tickets from Crowdsurge in the post yet?

Still waiting on two from them gigs next month......

No......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

no me neither.its nervewracking but a lot of gigs in the uk are like this to stop touting.

df1985 wrote: »
    no me neither.its nervewracking but a lot of gigs in the uk are like this to stop touting.

Good point but we now have the added worry of postal delays due to the frigging ash cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Over 2 months later and still no tickets.:mad: Ordered Stevie Wonder tickets a few weeks ago and already got them in the post. What is with the delay? Are they actually going to take the '3 days before the even' thing literally?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

SB-08 wrote: »
    Over 2 months later and still no tickets.:mad: Ordered Stevie Wonder tickets a few weeks ago and already got them in the post. What is with the delay? Are they actually going to take the '3 days before the even' thing literally?:rolleyes:

Yeah I got my Stevie tickets too. They had better get their act together cos I have noticed delays in post from the UK presumably due to the ash cloud. I'm gonna email and ask them when are they planning on dispatching the tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭ph3n0m666

I emailed them re: tickets - am waiting on a reply

I recieved an email back telling me they are recieving the ticket batch this week and will also dispatch them this week as well. They will send an email when dispatched and they should be here within 5 working days.

I recieved an email back telling me they are recieving the ticket batch this week and will also dispatch them this week as well. They will send an email when dispatched and they should be here within 5 working days.

was that an email in reply to a query you sent them, or did they just email it out to you - as I never received any such email

ph3n0m666 wrote: »
    was that an email in reply to a query you sent them, or did they just email it out to you - as I never received any such email
    I emailed them Friday and I got a similiar reply that tickets are due to be dispatched this and should receive them in 5 days and they will email once dispatched. They better dispatch this week and that friggin vocanic ash cloud better stay away or I won't be amused :mad:

ph3n0m666 wrote: »

Yeah I had emailed them on Saturday asking why the tickets had not arrived yet and when they would be dispatched, got the reply this morning:)

Yeah I had emailed them on Saturday asking why the tickets had not arrived yet and when they would be dispatched, got the reply this morning:)

awesome - the other half is worried her "surprise" birthday pressie wont be here on time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Doe he have support at his gigs or is it just him? If he has support any idea who it is for the RDS gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

emc2 wrote: »
    Doe he have support at his gigs or is it just him? If he has support any idea who it is for the RDS gig?

There was none at the 02, so I don't think there is any this time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭wicklowstar

Why is there such a panic that the tickets havent got here yet?
    They said that it will be two weeks before till we get them..
    I am a bit nervous about them but Im sure it will be fine.
    If they arent here exactly two weeks before they will be getting lots of annoying emails from me!

Advertisement