Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul McCartney - RDS June 12 2010. All discussion, no ticket sales or swaps

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭ph3n0m666

Why is there such a panic that the tickets havent got here yet?
    They said that it will be two weeks before till we get them..
    I am a bit nervous about them but Im sure it will be fine.
    If they arent here exactly two weeks before they will be getting lots of annoying emails from me!

uhm ash cloud, airspace being closed, uncertainty if delays occur how we get tickets - thats why there is a panic

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

ph3n0m666 wrote: »
    uhm ash cloud, airspace being closed, uncertainty if delays occur how we get tickets - thats why there is a panic

Hmmmm,when planes don't fly.The mail reverts to using ferries,1 day delay at max.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭eamonpk

Hi - has anyone found out if there is support and what time McCartney is supposed to be on stage. I know it states gates open at 5.30 and show starts 7.30. I was hoping to be somewhere else before the gig and an accurate time of show starting would be a great help.

Thanks a lot
    Eamon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I just got an email from crowdsurge to say my tickets were despatched today.

They have a tracking reference attached.

Even allowing for volcanos, should be here in plenty of time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

eamonpk wrote: »
    Hi - has anyone found out if there is support and what time McCartney is supposed to be on stage. I know it states gates open at 5.30 and show starts 7.30. I was hoping to be somewhere else before the gig and an accurate time of show starting would be a great help.

Thanks a lot
    Eamon

No support, just Paul,

I reckon the show will start close to 7.30.

At the O2 he performed for the best part of 3 hours.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-mccartney/2009/the-o2-dublin-ireland-33d70879.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

SkidMark wrote: »
    I just got an email from crowdsurge to say my tickets were despatched today.

They have a tracking reference attached.

Even allowing for volcanos, should be here in plenty of time!

I got the email too. Will only be happy once the ticket is in my hand though but at least they used their heads and dispatched with adequate time allowence for arrival!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

yay got my email too :) can't wait now!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I got mine weeks ago :) (although i got mine via ticketmaster)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Seeing as these are coming from the UK they won't be the boring Irish ticketmaster type hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Paul McCartney rocked the Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens on Saturday, April 3 for the fourth night of his Up and Coming Tour, and the last on the continental U.S. before heading to Puerto Rico and Europe.

He delivered a fiery three-hour set that was heavy on Beatles classics, but also had plenty of solo and Wings material.

Check out the setlist after the jump:

* Venus and Mars
    * Rock Show
    * Jet
    * All My Loving
    * Letting Go
    * Got To Get You Into My Life
    * Highway
    * Let Me Roll It
    * Foxy Lady (Jimi Hendrix Cover)
    * The Long and Winding Road
    * Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five
    * Let ‘Em In
    * My Love
    * I’m Looking Through You
    * Two Of Us
    * Blackbird
    * Here Today
    * Dance Tonight
    * Mrs. Vanderbilt
    * Eleanor Rigby
    * Something (George Harrison tribute)
    * Sing The Changes
    * Band On The Run
    * Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
    * Back In The U.S.S.R.
    * I’ve Got A Feeling
    * Paperback Writer
    * A Day In The Life
    * Give Peace A Chance (John Lennon tribute)
    * Let It Be
    * Live and Let Die
    * Hey Jude

Encore 1:

* Daytripper
    * Lady Madonna
    * Get Back

Encore 2:

* Yesterday
    * Helter Skelter
    * Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
    * The End

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Ah Jaysus! Don't post the set list! I'm trying to avoid seeing it and spoiling the gig!

Did anyone get the tracking number to work? Mine won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fenny

Mine seems to be working. It says my item "has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in EIRE."

The setlist generally stays the same for most of his tours, doesn't it? It makes sense, really, people want to hear the big ones. I know I'd be gutted if he didn't play Helter Skelter. I like that he slips in some of the smaller songs too, like 'Two of Us' - always loved that song!

Interesting that three of the first five songs are from 'Venus and Mars'. I wonder why he is revisiting that album. I don't think he's played those songs since the seventies when he used to play Venus and Mars, Rockshow and Jet together.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfKugneK5ao&feature=related

My Crowdsurge tickets just arrived by registered post!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

jpfahy wrote: »
    Paul McCartney rocked the Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens on Saturday, April 3 for the fourth night of his Up and Coming Tour, and the last on the continental U.S. before heading to Puerto Rico and Europe.

He delivered a fiery three-hour set that was heavy on Beatles classics, but also had plenty of solo and Wings material.

Check out the setlist after the jump:

* Venus and Mars
    * Rock Show
    * Jet
    * All My Loving
    * Letting Go
    * Got To Get You Into My Life
    * Highway
    * Let Me Roll It
    * Foxy Lady (Jimi Hendrix Cover)
    * The Long and Winding Road
    * Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five
    * Let ‘Em In
    * My Love
    * I’m Looking Through You
    * Two Of Us
    * Blackbird
    * Here Today
    * Dance Tonight
    * Mrs. Vanderbilt
    * Eleanor Rigby
    * Something (George Harrison tribute)
    * Sing The Changes
    * Band On The Run
    * Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
    * Back In The U.S.S.R.
    * I’ve Got A Feeling
    * Paperback Writer
    * A Day In The Life
    * Give Peace A Chance (John Lennon tribute)
    * Let It Be
    * Live and Let Die
    * Hey Jude

Encore 1:

* Daytripper
    * Lady Madonna
    * Get Back

Encore 2:

* Yesterday
    * Helter Skelter
    * Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
    * The End

Cracking setlist but where is 'I Saw Here Standing There'? I thought he always played that? It was easily one of the highlights of his 'Good Evening NYC' DVD with Billie Joel on piano. I also would've thought 'Maybe I'm Amazed' would be essential? That aside it looks like an amazing setlist especially from Eleanor Rigby - I do wish he would leave out the appauling 'Dance Tonight' though.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

tickets came today from crowdsurge........phew!

now we can all look forward to what should be an amazing summers evening in june. fingers crossed for the weather!

My ticket arrived today by registered post.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭eamonpk

SkidMark wrote: »
    No support, just Paul,

I reckon the show will start close to 7.30.

At the O2 he performed for the best part of 3 hours.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-mccartney/2009/the-o2-dublin-ireland-33d70879.html

Thanks - Thought that would be the case so looks like I'll need to head straight to the gig - I was at the O2 gig in December and my memory is the gig started quite close to 8.00 and finished just before 11.00. Anyone else remember the times

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kj72

my ones came today, ticketmaster.ie tickets - i reckon those would have been shipped from here to the uk and then from the uk back again - mad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

SB-08 wrote: »
    Cracking setlist but where is 'I Saw Here Standing There'? I thought he always played that?

He didn't play it at the O2 gig in December either, I'd like him to play it this time!

kj72 wrote: »
    my ones came today, ticketmaster.ie tickets - i reckon those would have been shipped from here to the uk and then from the uk back again - mad!

Yeah I was thinking that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fenny

eamonpk wrote: »
    Thanks - Thought that would be the case so looks like I'll need to head straight to the gig - I was at the O2 gig in December and my memory is the gig started quite close to 8.00 and finished just before 11.00. Anyone else remember the times

Yeah, I was surprised at how short a delay there was in starting the gig, it was like ten past 8 or something. And he finished just before 11 - I remember because we were running for the last bus like mad things and nearly missed it.

Got my tickets today! Starting to get really excited. I was debating whether or not to go a second time so soon after the December gig, but it's Paul f-ing McCartney! At least I know I'm going to get a good show out of it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

That's great, got my ticket today also. That looks like a great playlist, though I agree with previous posters about leaving out "Dance Tonight". I remember buying "Venus & Mars" on vinyl way back in the mists of time, so looking forward to hearing some of that.

I can't believe the time has come so quickly, just over two weeks now. Should be a great night. Let's all give him a great welcome, just like in O2 in December!

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Out of curiosity I seached for a ticket to sit in the pit area because of all the recent advertising push to sell out the gig. I was able to get a seat today in row "C" that 3 rows from the front of the stage, goes from row A-Z. A little frustrating for all the fans who bought months ago who were/are denied best tickets. Ah well, my little moan.:(
    Should be a fantastic gig even if we are a mile back from the stage in the standing area :)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

miketv wrote: »
    Out of curiosity I seached for a ticket to sit in the pit area because of all the recent advertising push to sell out the gig. I was able to get a seat today in row "C" that 3 rows from the front of the stage, goes from row A-Z. A little frustrating for all the fans who bought months ago who were/are denied best tickets. Ah well, my little moan.:(
    Should be a fantastic gig even if we are a mile back from the stage in the standing area :)

You can't be serious? There is a seating area in front of the pit for standing? That, if true, is absolutely ridiculous and bizzaire. It's a stadium FFS, those who want to sit have all the thousands of seats to do so - the reason I got standing was so I could be as close to the stage as possible just like with every gig. Who on earth came up with such an insane idea? I have never seen people standing behind the seated area - it makes no sence and will kill the atmosphere.:mad: I am seriously annoyed about this - how far back will the standing be? Will it be out of the pit entirely? From the Bruce gig I was at last summer, the pit was fairly big and went around half way down the pitch so those standing will be all the way back there?:eek::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

miketv wrote: »
    You can't be serious? There is a seating area in front of the pit for standing? That, if true, is absolutely ridiculous and bizzaire. It's a stadium FFS, those who want to sit have all the thousands of seats to do so - the reason I got standing was so I could be as close to the stage as possible just like with every gig. Who on earth came up with such an insane idea? I have never seen people standing behind the seated area - it makes no sence and will kill the atmosphere.:mad: I am seriously annoyed about this - how far back will the seats be? Will it be out of the pit entirely? From the Bruce gig I was at last summer, the pit was fairly big and went around half way down the pitch so those standing will be all the way back there?:eek::confused:
    I just tried there and was offered two in Row E in front of the stage.. remember trying the morning of the presale and being offered two in Row B but couldnt justify paying €320 so soon after seeing him at the O2 and settled for standing..Id imagine it will be roughly 15 foot from the stage to Row A, then the 26 rows of seats and then about 10 foot to the barrier so wont be as far as it was at Bruce..but agreed its a bit of a mental set-up alright..if ya really want to be at the front could always buy a couple of pitch seats now and try and offload your standing ones at a loss, that is of course if you have a bank balance similiar to a certain Mr. McCartney:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

You can't be serious? There is a seating area in front of the pit for standing? That, if true, is absolutely ridiculous and bizzaire. It's a stadium FFS, those who want to sit have all the thousands of seats to do so - the reason I got standing was so I could be as close to the stage as possible just like with every gig. Who on earth came up with such an insane idea? I have never seen people standing behind the seated area - it makes no sence and will kill the atmosphere.:mad: I am seriously annoyed about this - how far back will the standing be? Will it be out of the pit entirely? From the Bruce gig I was at last summer, the pit was fairly big and went around half way down the pitch so those standing will be all the way back there?:eek::confused:

This is the very reason why my friends and I are not going to this gig. Already twenty foot from the stage with another 26 rows (and likely another ten foot security barrier) of seats in front of you. I can't justify paying close to the amount of money they are asking to sit in front of the stage. At the 02 gig I payed ninety and was one row back from the barrier dead centre. It would kill the atmosphere for me, especially if the people in the seats actually stay sitting down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Who cares how close or far from the stage you are as long as you can hear the music, have some view of the stage and enjoy it all with a bit of a dance and a drink.

I can never understand people who'd rather spend the day queuing only to take up a spot early that they're afraid to move from for the rest of the day and night. Stressing like that takes all of the fun out of gigs for me.

I agree that putting a ridiculously overpriced seated area on the pitch in front of the already over priced general admission area is a bit sly, but Macca isn't one of the wealthiest individuals (pre divorce maybe!) in Britain by accident.

• Advertisement

Well I for one prefer to be up close. The atmosphere at the back in never the same.

Advertisement