Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul McCartney - RDS June 12 2010. All discussion, no ticket sales or swaps

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I like the middle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

We can't wait for the gig, hope the weather is good!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Who cares how close or far from the stage you are as long as you can hear the music, have some view of the stage and enjoy it all with a bit of a dance and a drink.

I can never understand people who'd rather spend the day queuing only to take up a spot early that they're afraid to move from for the rest of the day and night. Stressing like that takes all of the fun out of gigs for me.

I agree that putting a ridiculously overpriced seated area on the pitch in front of the already over priced general admission area is a bit sly, but Macca isn't one of the wealthiest individuals (pre divorce maybe!) in Britain by accident.
    Absolutely the right spirit:)..sure its going to be a cracking gig and being outdoors the Live and Let Die fireworks will prob be going right to the sky..maybe we wont leave with singed eyebrows this time:P

I guess this is a new setup for an irish gig AFAIK,,has anyone been at one with seats in front of standing before?..was his last RDS show all seated on the pitch?

With it being a Saturday night im sure everyone will be up and giving it socks like it was 1967 all over again:D..if their not Macca wont be long telling them to..hes not shy on giving his opinion thats for sure..

Only a week to go ..sure how many more times will we get to see this legend..Cant Wait:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I guess this is a new setup for an irish gig AFAIK,,has anyone been at one with seats in front of standing before?..was his last RDS show all seated on the pitch?

It's actually a pretty regular setup in the rds. There was a bit of hassle a few years ago at a take that gig because (i think) the seats in front of the stage were cheaper than standing so people just bought them and stood on their seats. But they definitely used that setup for the eagles last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

hynesie08 wrote: »
    It's actually a pretty regular setup in the rds. There was a bit of hassle a few years ago at a take that gig because (i think) the seats in front of the stage were cheaper than standing so people just bought them and stood on their seats. But they definitely used that setup for the eagles last year.
    Call in the Riot Police:D ..Found this vid from the Eagles gig on youtube alright..where the security lads are seems to be the barrier so its gonna look something like this>>

Wonder if there was 26 rows of seats at The Eagles..Hmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭eamonpk

Hi

Has anyone out there used the new M3 from Cavan to Dublin and the best way to get to the RDS when I get off the M3. How long would it take the journey from Cavan to RDS. It’s an outside chance but I was hoping to make the match in Cavan which should finish at about 6.45 and I am presuming McCartney will be on about 8.05/8.10 going by the O2 gig.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

Well The good news is that there are only a few days till the Gig. im looking forward to it but I just cant see it been as good as the O2 in December. Apart from the great acoustics in the O2 , I felt the Lighting show really added to the GIg . You just smply dont achieve the same effects in outdoor shows and at leat 80% of the Gig is likely to be in Total Daylight.

A Big plus for the gig is that the weather looks like its gonna be pretty good so thats a huge bonus.

Bad news is that I heard from a pretty reliable source last Friday that only 55% of the Tickets had been sold!! :eek:

What time are most people getting there at?

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

poteen wrote: »
    Bad news is that I heard from a pretty reliable source last Friday that only 55% of the Tickets had been sold!! :eek:
    If thats the case on Saturday will they just hand them out for free or to lots of radio stations etc or just leave it empty?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

miketv wrote: »
    If thats the case on Saturday will they just hand them out for free or to lots of radio stations etc or just leave it empty?

Would they really hand them out for free? I wouldn't have thought that. I might head in then and see if I can get one that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

CiaranK wrote: »
    Would they really hand them out for free? I wouldn't have thought that. I might head in then and see if I can get one that way.

No way will they give them away for free.

But if you are interested you should be able to pick a ticket cheaply on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

SkidMark wrote: »
    No way will they give them away for free.

But if you are interested you should be able to pick a ticket cheaply on the day.

I didn't think they would've. Splashed out on Roger Waters and Paul Weller tickets lst week so May not be able to. Seen him in the o2 in december. Was an amazing show!

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

Really looking forward to this. Problem is I got really bad tickets.
    Grandstand Block N, Row W

Will I have a really bad view?
    Would I be better off in the Northstand?

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004462D1C4478A?artistid=735610&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

poteen wrote: »

What time are most people getting there at?

I find it hard to believe it is only 55% sold out. I mean didnt he sell 14,000 tickets in the O2 out in something like 3 minutes? How then could he only sell 20-25,000 in 3 months? It's not like it's Croke Park. Saying that RDS gigs rarely sell out - Rod and The Eagles failed and Pink has yet to sell out either - Bruce is the only one who can sell out 2 or 3 nights at ease. I am sure alot of people get put off by the RDS - if this was in the new Aviva Stadium, despite it holding 10-15,000 more people I think it would've sold out.

I sincerly hope it is not half empty - would be embaressing, especially considering it is the most successful songwriter in the history of music we are talking about here. Oh well,let's hope the majority of those tickets that are not sold are the expensive pitch seating and therefore reducing the number of rows and enabling those standing to be near the stage:D

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I don't believe this 55% rumor, I just went on to Ticketmaster and tried to book 6 tickets for the best available section, and it came back and said tickets were not available, so that means there is less than 6 general admission standing tickets available, and there is not 6 free seats together anywhere else, so unless there is groups of less than 6 seats free speckled all over the stadium, which I doubt as tickets are usually sold row by row, so this 55% rumor is not true,

In fact this gig is just about sold out, and it deffo will be on Saturday, but no doubt there will be alott of touts outside selling tickets for ridiculous prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Can't wait for saturday and hope the gig is as good as the one in the O2 :-)

I've never been to a gig at the RDS and need to collect my ticket from the box office : is it easy to find ?

Enjoy the gig !

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭ppdub73

I'm going on Saturday. It's my first time to see Macca, can't wait! This is my 2nd ticket, my first was bought off a scam website. :-( But now I am in the 2nd row from the front. Anybody else here in a similar location? I was at the RDS in 2005 for Elton John, so it's ok for a concert. Hope to see you all there!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Just got an email from TM. Gates open at half 5 with The Coronas on stage at 7pm and Macca on stage at 8pm. I didn't even know there was support!

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

That can't be true, thank God,

The Coronas are playing Scotland that night,
    I can't see Macca having any support, he'll just come onstage earlier,
    I'd say he'll be on around 8.

EDIT: oh thats a festival in Scotland, I guess The Coronas will be on first so I guess they will have time to get to Dublin,
    There playing the Isle Of Wight the next night, I guess they could travel over with Macca, lucky sods, fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

PAUL MC CARTNEY WITH SPECIAL GUESTS THE CORONAS LIVE AT THE RDS THIS SATURDAY 12TH JUNE

http://www.aikenpromotions.com/content/view/531/105/

kennyu272 wrote: »
    PAUL MC CARTNEY WITH SPECIAL GUESTS THE CORONAS LIVE AT THE RDS THIS SATURDAY 12TH JUNE

http://www.aikenpromotions.com/content/view/531/105/

Surprised that The Coronas are supporting them since i thought they were tied up wit MCD. Prob gonna give them a miss since ive seen them a few times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭eamonpk

Originally it stated "Show starts at 7.30". Has it been changed due to the lack of ticket sales. I know it states McCartney on stage at 8.00(Times maybe subject to change) Anyone any idea what time he relly will start the show. Does the show need to finish by 11.00 for residents?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I went to see Bon Jovi twice at the RDS - outdoors both times. For the second concert they played for about 2 1/2 hours and I think it was done and dusted by about 11pm. As someone else said, I think because it's a residential area they have to be finished by 11pm or around that time.

I haven't been in the RDS in a few years, I think it's been done up a bit since I was last there. I enjoyed it when I was there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭joxers25

Just heard that the coronas are supporting - happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

I went to see Bon Jovi twice at the RDS - outdoors both times. For the second concert they played for about 2 1/2 hours and I think it was done and dusted by about 11pm. As someone else said, I think because it's a residential area they have to be finished by 11pm or around that time.

I haven't been in the RDS in a few years, I think it's been done up a bit since I was last there. I enjoyed it when I was there anyway.

Springsteen played till 11.15 on the Sat and as far as recall till half 11 on the Sunday - both resulted in a fine but I think that happens in most countries he plays in.:p

Interesting that the Coronas have been added - I think they are alright but it's pretty pathetic that a band like them have to be drafted in last minute in order to help sell out a gig by the most successful songwriter in music history.:rolleyes: Maybe this will teach aiken not to rip people off so much in the future. I do hope it sells out though by tomorrow.

I am hoping he changes up the setlist a bit consididing it's the first European date - I really want to hear I Saw Her Standing There, Maybe I'm Amazed, Please Please Me, Can't Buy Me Love, We Can Work It Out, - I could go on all day and include alll the Lennon sung classics as well.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Flying up to Dublin in about 9 hours time for the gig. Can't bloody wait :D Macca is getting on a bit so I had to clinch this opportunity to see him. Bringing my Dad up as well, he's a child of the 60s. It won't disappoint!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Flying up to Dublin in about 9 hours time for the gig. Can't bloody wait :D Macca is getting on a bit so I had to clinch this opportunity to see him. Bringing my Dad up as well, he's a child of the 60s. It won't disappoint!

Macca certainly won't disappoint!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

headin into town in an hour for a few pre-scoops, lookin forward to this!

Heading on the 5.30 bus from Newbridge so should be in town around half 6 and onto the 7 bus from O connell st

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Fantastic gig tonight. He has such energy, its brilliant. Live and Let Die was incredible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Advertisement