Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whv extension

Options
  • 02-03-2010 2:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

i am currently in Australia on a whv and i was wondering can i apply for a tourist visas while on a whv whilst in australia
    any info would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

bubbles86 wrote: »
    i am currently in Australia on a whv and i was wondering can i apply for a tourist visas while on a whv whilst in australia
    any info would be appreciated

Google -> applying for a tourist visa while in australia

First result -> http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/676/apply-online.htm

Link -> Applying in Australia

Link result ->

Applying in Australia

If you are in Australia and want to apply online to extend your stay, you must meet all of the following:

• hold a valid Electronic Travel Authority (Visitor), an eVisitor, 676 Tourist visa or a paper-lodged tourist visa granted for a stay of three months or less
    • not have a 'No Further Stay' condition attached to your current visa
    • not intend to stay more than six months from the date you last entered Australia
    • have access to a credit card

welcome to Boards ANZ Forum we are that f**king helpfull ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

Just to expand on Zambia's post, you pretty much can't apply for a tourist visa from a WHV unless you have exceptional circumstances preventing you from travelling:

This is taken from the immi website explaining the 417 WHV
    Note: If you apply for a Tourist visa while in Australia on a Working Holiday visa, it can only be granted in exceptional circumstances, such as being unfit to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 john70

you will have to travel to bali and get a tourist visa from there and even then you may not be allowed back in if you where just on a WHV

Advertisement