Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front door sticking!

• 02-03-2010 8:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

This problem happens when during the day, the sun hits the front part of the house and the door. In recent days, the sun has been quite warm....nearly warmer outside than inside....and then when the cold hits at night time. It is a solid teak door with the 5 point locking system....no latch. I presume the wood expands and contracts.

Is there anything I can apply to either the mechanism or the door itself to stem this problem?:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Happens to mine. I use a little vaseline. it helps. I am afraid to plane it incase i ruin the seals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

candle wax on the rubbing parts of door and frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

gman2k wrote: »
    candle wax on the rubbing parts of door and frame.
    Is there a specific candle wax?, or would the scrapings of any old candle do the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

dh0661 wrote: »
    Is there a specific candle wax?, or would the scrapings of any old candle do the job.

Just rub on an old candle! one that's no good to you anymore!
    Experiment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Use a sented candle if it does not work at least your door will smell nice :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement