Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

question for the ladies - how do you like your boyfriends to be shaved.

• 02-03-2010 9:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have got a small issue where my girlfriend and i disagree over shaving (face that is:) )

she likes me smooth and shaven every day or 2, as she feels that men should do that to avoid being classed as dirty!! she doesnt mind the touch, its the dirtyness she associates with it which i think is a little strange.

i personally hate shaving every day, as not only is it time consuming, but i have sensitive skin and i need 3 or 4 days to recover from it.i get rashy if i shave too close, but am fine if i leave it 3/4 days. im not talking about full on beard here, i would class it as point 2 below, i hate having too much, but i dont mind a little and the rough look aint bad is it?

so ladies, simply how do you like your boyfriends, have added in some pics too . this should help me and my girlfriend to settle our issue, she says is not normal to shave every 3/4 days, i say it is..or another way, is which of the following 4 points are acceptable to you?!

1 - totally shaved every day/every 2nd day.

http://www.niveaformen.co.za/media/1/12198477050660/nfm08402_11_sensitive_range.jpg

2 - you like a bit of stubble -

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2008/12/01/Hugh_narrowweb__300x306,0.jpg

3 - you dont mind it a little hair, but not much -

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Images/2008/1/b1af5f63-8f8c-4fa4-83cd-a6ba9b1087d6HiRes.JPG

4 - you like a full on beard.

http://paxarcana.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/beard.jpg

thoughts please!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not really a Personal Issue - so instead I'm moving it to Fashion & Appearance.

I did think about Facial Hair, but I don't think you're going to get the same exposure to the ladies there.

OP because you posted unregistered, you will not be able to reply to the thread in F&A.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Shaved.. just 'cuz I have super sensitive skin and I don't wanna have stubble rash every time I try to kiss the guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Little bit of stubble is grand on a guy, but no longer than no.2...Not a fan of beards! Tbh I think it all depends on the guy, some guys can get away with a little stubble but some do just look messy as your OH says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

2-3 days is fine, cos it get a bit scruffy form then on, but I think he keeps it trimmed t about 2-3 days length. Clean shaven is nice if we have something formal or whatever to go to, and sometimes it can be just nice anyway, but I'm pro-beard:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Options 1-3: Essentially, whatever he wants, as long as he doesn't start turning into a hobo or collecting food in the beard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I think it's down to the individual person and what suits them!
    I've liked people who've always been clean-shaven ... and I've liked guys with full-on beards.
    Really, if you fancy someone, what they do with their facial hair isn't that much of an issue.

If I had to choose, I'll go with some stubble, because it's somewhat of a happy medium! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I like beards :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Shaved.. just 'cuz I have super sensitive skin and I don't wanna have stubble rash every time I try to kiss the guy.
    If you have very sensitave skin then rubbing faces with someone's stubble is only going to agravate you. By stubble I mean any man who has not shaven in the last 6 hours. after that time his stubble will be growing out again.
    I think you should try rubbing up against a full soft luxurant bearded face, just for a comparison. With the full beard you have no stubble issues to contend with.
    Not a fan of beards!
    :eek:
    /Removes Jemmy from the Christmas Card list.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

OldGoat wrote: »
    If you have very sensitave skin then rubbing faces with someone's stubble is only going to agravate you. By stubble I mean any man who has not shaven in the last 6 hours. after that time his stubble will be growing out again.
    I think you should try rubbing up against a full soft luxurant bearded face, just for a comparison. With the full beard you have no stubble issues to contend with.

But beards are tickly. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

dudara wrote: »
    Options 1-3: Essentially, whatever he wants, as long as he doesn't start turning into a hobo or collecting food in the beard.

^^this!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

Your gf is shallow and a moan :D

But do avoid the crows nest in the end picture lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

I lurve hairy men! :D And by hairy, I don't mean Yeti-like! I like guys to at least have some stubble.

To me, clean shaven guys are unattractive 9 times out of every 10 because they look too baby faced. Beards are masculine and to me that's really sexy. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

2 would do. No point in you scraping the face off yourself, not really fair is it. Every 3 days or so is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

I am the opposite to your girlfriend.
    I got back from hols last week and was horrified to be met by my newly shaved boyfriend.

I just find him so masculine and sexy in a trimmed goatee/beard.
    He thankfully agreed that he was sorry he shaved as he prefers the beard so good times all round when he's hairy again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Stella777

anything is fine *except* the following three:

1) beard without a mustache (shudder)

2) mustache without a beard

3) a really long ZZ Top style beard

So, basically any amount of hair up to a short bead is OK with me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I love facial hair! My boyfriend is about a number three on that picture scale. Wouldn't fancy it getting much longer though.

WOAH like a week later and I've just noticed that I said I WOULD like the beard much longer. NO, would NOT!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

My OH has a beard that I adore. I suppose it's closest to no. 3, but it's a proper beard rather than lots of stubble. He keeps it quite tightly trimmed. Facial hair is a win for me. That being said, I don't like long beards at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

There's absolutely nothing dirty about a beard even those 'zzTop' styled beards. What's dirty about beards is when the owner doesn't wash it and is eating toppings of the pizza they had last week out of it.

Me myself cannot grow facial hair to save my life so instead of looking like a 12 year old with bum fluff lip I shave with an electric shaver every two days or so. Reasoning being is I can't afford gillette blades and haven't had a chance to order a propersafety razor set which I plan to do soon so much cheaper in long run.

So yeh I rock the stubble look most days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Fin6-8

Definitely like a bit of stubble, making himself very Manly!! but bit of a catch 22 cause my skin is always in ribbons afterwards, so sensitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

I like 2 & 3. Most men, I think, look better with stubble.

Anything longer than 3 would be a no no for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Between 1 and 2, but 2 is fine :)

:eek:
    /Removes Jemmy from the Christmas Card list.

Except yours, it's one of a kind! ;):p

I cut my beard off on Sunday. :o

:eek: Mustache too?!

Not yet though I'm toying with the idea. I'm bored with it at the moment. Considering growing MuttonChops instead, for giggles.
    On Sunday morning just before heading out to meet some friends for Brunch my youngest sadi that I'd never cut my smeg off and that I was bluffing with that thread.

In otherwords she dared me.

Easy come easy go, SNIP.

I now have a 'Soul Patch' beard on my chin instead of the smeg. It's all short and bristly. I feel like I could strike matches on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

:o

Enjoy the flavour saver, but man, that was a great beard!

Meh, they grow back.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Boyfriend has expressed an interest in mutton chops. Hmm. Will try not to worry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I love a beard on my husband but he only it grow for a week or so and then shaves it of again, so to be picture no 3!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Allure_

I love beards .Hate clean shaven i like my man to look like a man not a boy!
    The hobo look can be hot if he has long hair too :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Yeah I like a little bit of a beard. Not too bothered really. But not stubble, that makes my face go red. AND gives me spots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

I personally don't mind once it's not a full beard.
    I think if your skin is very sensitive perhaps you shouldn't shave
    every day.
    Show your girlfriend the photo of Hugh Jackman with a little
    stubble she may not mind so much then. lol

It really should be your choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭source

Hi op,

Male here, What are you shaving with? I have a similar deal with my girlfriend, she loves it when i'm clean shaven, but i used to hate shaving.

I take it you're using a mach3 or fusion razor with goo from a can to do your shaving? I used to do this and hated it because it gave me horrible razor burn, and resulted in ingrown hairs every time i shaved.

In the last number of months i took the plunge and tried a safety razor (double edged razor)
    merkur-futur.jpg

I use a badger hair brush
    muhle-badger-brush-black.jpg
    and shaving soap or cream
    tatlors-wooden-shaving-soap.jpg
    to shave and i get a perfectly smooth shave (known in wet shaving circles as a BBS) The initial outlay can be expensive, my razor cost €50 but a box of 5 blades will only set you back €1.99 and they last. The brush (anywhere from €15-€100) and the soap will also be expensive outlays at the start but they also last, a tub of soap (€15-€20) will last maybe 6-7 months, unlike the canned goo which only lasts a couple of weeks at best.

have a look at shaving.ie they have the best prices around and chris who runs the place is a regular over in the facial hair and hats forum so you can ask him questions about products at any time.

I know you were looking for a female perspective on this but have a think about proper wet shaving, shaving like this can become addictive, yes it's expensive at the start and you have to learn to shave differently but the results are well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

What the hell is, is that the supposed to be the poster boy for "full on beard"? Creepy McPsycho the village serial killer? This poll is skewed, we got Hugh Jackman showing off his stubble, then Otis B. Driftwood here showing off his beard in a mug shot. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

I like some bit of a beard but definitely not stubble, really irritates my skin but I'd hate a full beard too, wouldn't find that one bit attractive

• Advertisement
Advertisement