Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A good read

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

A very good read, something everyone with a Honda Civic running 17" wheels should read

Here's a couple more essential reads for car modders

Unsprung Weight

Lowering springs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭whacker4fun

the forum on lowering springs is a brilliant read. Ive learned so much about a system I had always perceived to increase handling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

the forum on lowering springs is a brilliant read. Ive learned so much about a system I had always perceived to increase handling.

With any luck it will dispell the following commonly held myths.

• Huge wheels are deadly and make your car rapid
    • Lowering your car makes it an f1 car instantly
    • Coil-overs alone solve all your handling needs as harder is better(even though you may be bouncing off the road as stiffer is better)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭retrothis

Yeah, I liked the "lowering" one as well.
    I've reads bits and pieces about the issues of lowering, but only now managed to find a good explanation...

Now not sure what to do with that set koni springs that live in my garden....If I sell them I would not sleep at night. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭whacker4fun

I nearly order a set, but to be fair, for me it was always for aesthetics reasons !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

nice find its a great informative magazine i picked a few up when i was in the states, got back and got a subscription for 2 years for less than 60 dollars!!!!

just had a quick read, bokmarked it as suspenion is my focus this year
    Sticky tyres check : (R888 medium)
    Light weight wheels check : Volk CE28n
    Coilovers check : Tein control master type flex

On the way this year:
    Race series bushings : rear trailing arms bought to try out 40% stiffer over OEM
    Uprated ARB and rear brace
    Corner weighting is a posibility ?????

@MOD

Request Tidy and sticky :P:D

Advertisement