Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday reminders being texted to my contacts?

• 02-03-2010 11:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Some friends are receiveing texts from a normal looking mobile number to remind them of my upcoming birthday. I havent signed up for anything, and Im wondering how it got my friends numbers? :confused:

The text says "reminder - the birthday of (me) is on 16.03.1976. If you want to call or text the person to congratulate them, their number is 086 XXXXXXX"

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sounds like a social network thing.
    Do you have a facebook/bebo/<insert social network here> account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Yes, but none have my number on them (I would never dream of putting my number on them sites) , or theirs for that matter. Its really bugging me :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

What phone do you have? Have you downloaded any new applications for it lately? Have you synced it with any online websites?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

A samsung Tocco lite, on Vodafone, have never downloaded any apps, nor synced it to anything at all.

I rang the number, just went to voicemail. :mad:

Advertisement