Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda issuing parking fines Gaol Road

Options
  • 02-03-2010 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

This morning during the school run I saw Garda giving out parking tickets to anyone that was parked outside the cinema or in the Bus bay and up near the fire station. :mad:

Do these people have no compassion. Don't they realise that school drop off and pick up time there are very few places to be able to park and if anybody does park outside the cinema or in the bus bay it's only for a matter of minutes.

Or am I being unreasonable?

( I didn't get a ticket.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

They will have had a complaint - possibly from the bus operator. Or the Fire Station :eek: Dropping kids off too school is not an exemption from the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Close to the fire station I can understand, but outside the cinema and in the bus bay? There's always loads of room in the bus bay at school start and finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

Trying to drive along Paranell St can be annoyig school times but there is loads of room beside the cinema and the bus bay is always empty.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

kleefarr wrote: »
    Close to the fire station I can understand, but outside the cinema and in the bus bay? There's always loads of room in the bus bay at school start and finish.

But surely its a bus bay, the very name of it gives its use away and as such a car should not be parked in the bus bay.....seems very logical tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I was wondering, don't the school have a bus service for students? Is this one of the purposes of the bus bay, and a reason to keep it clear?

• Advertisement
Advertisement