Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAG week! What are you excited about?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

if you were in kevin st. today you seriously wouldnt have known it was the start of rag week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭GarethWA

Sheeps wrote: »
    if you were in kevin st. today you seriously wouldnt have known it was the start of rag week

...potentially because Wednesday is the middle of the week?

thats even worse, middle of the week and still no events

its no wonder that student events in dit are the laughing stock of every other major academic institute in Ireland

hey look its rag day in kevin st. this is literally the sign of rag week in dit that weve seen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

There was a treasure hunt yesterday from what I heard and a game of twister in the snackery followed graham getting his head and beard shaved...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Must say it all seems very small scale. Anyone have a figure for attendance at the Zorbing? From photos it looked like at max 20 people and that's for one of the highlight events.
    I was in Galway for a bit this week and their rag week is pure mental, or so it seems, great buzz about the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭GarethWA

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Must say it all seems very small scale. Anyone have a figure for attendance at the Zorbing? From photos it looked like at max 20 people and that's for one of the highlight events.
    I was in Galway for a bit this week and their rag week is pure mental, or so it seems, great buzz about the place.

The photos don't represent it well because there were people coming and going all day. Also we were spread over a huge area. I was there from 12-5 and there was easily over 50 people arriving at 1. There was a huge amount of turnover, and the zorbing was continuously going and going. Honestly they got everyone in the ball that they had time for, and the rugby match pulled a decent crowd as well.
    There was a good atmosphere all day, and even though i didn't get to zorb, i still had a great day!

The Farmers Ball...Unbelievable!!!
    The craic had last night was absolutely insane, and anyone that went will back me up on that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mickeyie05

GarethWA wrote: »
    The photos don't represent it well because there were people coming and going all day. Also we were spread over a huge area. I was there from 12-5 and there was easily over 50 people arriving at 1. There was a huge amount of turnover, and the zorbing was continuously going and going. Honestly they got everyone in the ball that they had time for, and the rugby match pulled a decent crowd as well.
    There was a good atmosphere all day, and even though i didn't get to zorb, i still had a great day!

The craic had last night was absolutely insane, and anyone that went will back me up on that!

now gareth be realistic here the only reason that 50 people arrived at one o clock is go to the football blitz which had absolutely nothing to do with the su

50 out of the entire population of dit

rofl

GarethWA wrote: »

Yeah, just looking at photos that seemed to cover a lot of the day and it looks like the same bunch of people queuing for the zorbing and involved in the sack race etc.

Glad the Farmers' Ball went well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

Rag Week Verdict:

It sucked balls.

I had a pile of assignments to hand in, so I couldn't go out anywhere.
    Rag week should be designed around people from Bolton Street as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

there was a rag week?

Rag week should be designed
    fyp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 tonyfloney

OMG did you ever hear such crap! cry cry cry about RAG week and then head to galway, good man! fair play to you! and all you can do is give out....its sad to see these posts.

I was only at the farmers ball as I had assignments due and I am not going to lie....it was mental, sheep at the front door the dubs didnt even know what they were....lol

fewcifur....see you at RAG 11 with U2, West life, and the big big bands the new fella in the vp role got. he sounds like he is going to make some party...cant see it tho...:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

tonyfloney wrote: »
    OMG did you ever hear such crap! cry cry cry about RAG week and then head to galway, good man! fair play to you! and all you can do is give out....its sad to see these posts.

I was only at the farmers ball as I had assignments due and I am not going to lie....it was mental, sheep at the front door the dubs didnt even know what they were....lol

fewcifur....see you at RAG 11 with U2, West life, and the big big bands the new fella in the vp role got. he sounds like he is going to make some party...cant see it tho...:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Listen chuckles, I was in Galway for work, so less of your attitude please. I think I've been quite reasonable about my criticism of this rag week.
    Please, find me one point I made that was unfair or unfounded?

Also, I wouldn't have any problem with someone going to RAG week in Galway or anywhere else if they were unsatisfied with the DIT RAG week line-up. Unfortunately most people can't do that due to lectures etc, so there are no real competition forces at work,maybe if DIT students had something to compare their rag week with they'd be a bit more up-in-arms.

Good to see you back though Tony, I thought the farce in the election thread may have been the end of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 tonyfloney

Listen chuckles, I was in Galway for work, so less of your attitude please.

bla bla...what ever its people like you that cry there eyes out and do nothing about getting involved. I am a class rep and a governing counciler and I am happy to say I have inputted into DITSU this year, and not just a few comments on boards...

See you next year at RAG 11 as I said, and I will make a deal with you, I will help out at rag if you do.....money, mouth...come on...thats the best offer your going to get today...

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Good to see you back, you make your point so eloquently!

tonyfloney wrote: »

bla bla...what ever its people like you that cry there eyes out and do nothing about getting involved. I am a class rep and a governing counciler and I am happy to say I have inputted into DITSU this year, and not just a few comments on boards...

See you next year at RAG 11 as I said, and I will make a deal with you, I will help out at rag if you do.....money, mouth...come on...thats the best offer your going to get today...

Yes Tony, it IS students like me that criticize the students union. That IS my right and the right of every student in the college. It's people like you in the SU that gives it the bad rep it has around college. Maybe if you understood the constant "It's YOUR union" stuff that goes on you'd have more respect for legitimately voiced opinions. You're a class rep, you're meant to be representing the opinions and criticisms of your class... none of which are class reps or governing councilors, but they ARE students and THAT my dear Tony is the crucial important factor in this whole dance you're involved in.

Unfortunately it's my last year here so alas the chances of me being involved in Rag Week 11 is slim, but you never know, you might just get your wish and then who knows what joy we might have.

Honestly though I reckon next year's VP will do a far superior job and not take the easy way out. I imagine a huge improvement because honestly (and I do say this honestly, not just to win a point) this has been the weakest Rag Week in my experience.

I find it hilarious that people who don't get the very simple concept of a union, are representatives in one. This shit could only happen in DIT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Leaving DIT in a few months !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Honestly though I reckon next year's VP will do a far superior job and not take the easy way out. I imagine a huge improvement because honestly (and I do say this honestly, not just to win a point) this has been the weakest Rag Week in my experience.

I haven't been involved in RAG week festivities too much in the past, but this year certainly felt like nothing was happening. I know I'm part time (I started off full time though) but even then, I should be aware of some things going down around the place. This year was a few badly photoshopped posters letting me know how mental I was supposed to be going, with an eery silence around the place. I've also been working nearby a lot and passing by, with nothing going on inside. Wasn't much madness at all.

Advertisement