Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many rpgs are you currently playing?

Options
  • 02-03-2010 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭

Not literally of course. For me:

DS: Dragon Quest IV,V,Chrono trigger
    360: Vespasia,Lost Odyssey,Dragon age,Star Ocean

(If you're feeling liberal in your definition of RPG then add five Zelda games to that.)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I always try to play 1 RPG at a time. And fail miserably.

Currently I've not much time for games so I have Persona 4 and Front Mission 5 on hold at the moment and I'm playing soul blazer for the SNES through an emulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

FFV is only rpg im playing while im waiting for FFXIII

After that im giving up final fantasy games for a while to test out the rpg market ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I always try to play 1 RPG at a time. And fail miserably.

Yea rpgs are a type of a game you really such play one at a time...kinda ruins it a little if your playing more than one role at a time ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Too many, technically I've started Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon but I've been distracted by Final Fantasy x, and I've a game of VIII on the go as well. Just got skies of arcadia as well.

And I'm also playing the role of student writing thesis.

Not enough hours in the day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Rogue galaxy
    grandia
    tales of vesperia

I have a massive backlog to get through :O and ff13 next wk now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Nothing right now...will be picking up vesparia after FF13

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Persona 3, have the Fllout Expansions to get through, just finished the Valkyria Chronicles new DLC, Crisis Core, Demons Souls to finish as well if I could be arsed.

I think I am going to have to give FF13 a miss for a while for time/money reasons.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Too many :S

I am a far bit into Chrono Trigger DS - which alas hasn't been played in a few months - and Disgaea PSP, and have also started Odin Sphere. I actually find portable RPGs a little harder to finish, as I don't quite find huddled over a PSP or DS for long periods as appealing as sitting down with a controller. I'd say I have far more unfinished RPGs on my portables (Dragon Quest IV, Jeanne D'Arc).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Too many :S

I am a far bit into Chrono Trigger DS - which alas hasn't been played in a few months - and Disgaea PSP, and have also started Odin Sphere. I actually find portable RPGs a little harder to finish, as I don't quite find huddled over a PSP or DS for long periods as appealing as sitting down with a controller. I'd say I have far more unfinished RPGs on my portables (Dragon Quest IV, Jeanne D'Arc).

I started Jeanne D'Arc when I dislocated my kneecap in November - couldn't really put it down and finished it in about a week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I havent played a JRPG for quite a while now. Last one i tried was Star Ocean, which suked balls. Hoping the new Final Fantasy will be good, but i dont like some of what i've read so far.

Non JRPG's though, i'm playing Dragon Age again, and will play through Mass Effect 2 again soon as well. Strangely tempted to go back and play Baldur's Gate 2 again, this time as a total douche.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I really need to finish Jeanne D'Arc but I just find it so hard to pick up the PSP. It seems once the battery dies I put it down and go back to the DS. And shamefully I was the one harping on to everyone to pick up Jeanne :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Persona 3 on PS2 and Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime on DS if it counts. The only reason I'm playing two at once is because I like to have something to play on the train, I generally prefer to focus on one rpg at a time.

They tend to be so long and deep that they require your full attention. I think dividing my time between multiple rpgs would dilute the experience of each one and make me feel like I'm not making any progress with any of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭finalfantasist

PS2: Persona 4, FFX-2, FF12 (just going for the final hunts and espers and rare game)
    DS: Dragon Quest Chapters of the Chosen, Pokemon Platinum
    PSP: Star Ocean Second Evolution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    And shamefully I was the one harping on to everyone to pick up Jeanne :D

You're probably the reason I bought it, but I finished it ages ago :p

I've gotten a lot of good RPG recommendations from this forum, Personas 3 and 4 being the most recent ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭finalfantasist

PS2: Persona 4, Final Fantasy X-2
    PSP: Phantasy Star 2, Star Ocean Second Evolution

And next week I'll be playing Pokemon SoulSilver.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

started final fantasy 13 but its on hold until i finish eternal sonata and yakuza 2. next on the list with ff13 is star ocean tlh and i picked up rogue galaxy for 10 euro a while back and must play it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 iSeeStars

None At All , i Would Love To But i Dont Know How To Get Started And Where To Start Or Whats To Do .. Any Recomendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

None, I just can't get into JRPGs anymore. Sank about 14 hours into FFXIII before nearly dying of boredom and can't get into Ressonance of Fate at all. I dunno, but after the joys of Fallout 3, Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age everything RPG-wise coming from Japan seems so stale and formulaic right now. Although Pokemon Heart Gold is still eating up my time.

I have some serious JRPG burn out as well. However I just found the perfect cure - Mother 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

None, I just can't get into JRPGs anymore. Sank about 14 hours into FFXIII before nearly dying of boredom and can't get into Ressonance of Fate at all. I dunno, but after the joys of Fallout 3, Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age everything RPG-wise coming from Japan seems so stale and formulaic right now. Although Pokemon Heart Gold is still eating up my time.

I've gotten into western rpgs more and started to enjoy them but I've found they have their flaws too. Oblivion has no proper character developement and the gameplay in Dragon Age gets tedious really fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Going to replay Persona 4 and I just stated Half-Minute Hero.

Advertisement