Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child Welfare?

Options
  • 02-03-2010 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I'm pretty peeved...

I have not received child welfare benefit in 6 months now despite all paper work completed and calling every month.

(i have two kids 3 1/2 and 1 1/2).

I have contacted the Department of Social & Family Affairs, Child Welfare Department every month about my non-payments. It started in August 09, I noticed in October that I had not received benefit for sept and aug. I contacted the department thinking there must be a mistake.

I am told that because I am Canadian (non Irish/EU despite my Irish Husband) and did not fill out a form in August 09 that was sent to us and that now my payments were delayed. The form was because i was a non eu.

I asked for this form which they sent to me in November which I completed and sent away immediately. I still received no payments and was told there was a back log.

I have been contacting the department monthly and told that my form was received late and that due to high number of cases being processed I would have to wait until January 2010.

At the end of each phone call its always the same ‘its your fault but sure next month, you’ll receive benefit definitely’ but each month nothing!

It is now half a year and I have had 0 of the child welfare payments we are entitled to.

My husband and I have never claimed the dole and worked all our lives, pay all our taxes and have never been in trouble with the law. I work 1 day per week as a retail assistant in town. My husband is pretty much at the bottom of the payscale as a civil servant.

I thought I was entitled to child benefit. Perhaps they should consider changing the title ‘Child Welfare Benefit.’
    Has anyone any advice or ideas?? (moderators is this the right thread?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭sasmac

Problem is they will send that form to you couple of months and if you are late filling it payment will be stopped.
    If you want to stop this from happening again maybe change the child benefit to your husband as he is Irish and will not get the form.
    Not that this will help getting the back pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mynydd

That is only possible when the parents are breaking up.

Advertisement