Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frank McGowan Furniture Store Swords

Options
  • 02-03-2010 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I purchased a couch on sale (over 3k) from Frank McGowans and when it arrived I noticed scratches on the arms, sides and back. When my partner turned it over a mobile phone and money fell out of it. This certainly was not the new couch I had purchased.

I rang Frank McGowans the lady I dealt with was extremely rude, tried to tell me it was new and when pushed then stated I bought a store model on sale. There was no sign indicating this on purchase, we were never informed we would be purchasing a used couch, and why would anyone buy a used couch for over €3k?? The arm chairs that arrived were brand new as expected. After several calls (my father in the end had to contact the owner as they had also received a soiled bed) I received my new couch and a voucher for €100 as an apology to use in their store. There is no furniture or rugs in this store for less than €100. I sent €55 on bed sheets just to use up the voucher but I am now stuck with a €45 that they have refused to give cash for and I certainly do not want to give them anymore money for something I dont want or need.

I am so frustrated and angered by my dealings with Frank McGowans. I have spoken to other people who have had similar bad dealings with them.
    They have a store full of staff standing around chatting and not one of them has the authority to help you, and you'll be waiting for a return phone call. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

I will certainly never shop there again and advise others not to do so.
    I have purchased my remaining furniture in Navan - better value, more variety and good customer service. I live in Malahide and yet the furniture arrived quicker from Navan than Swords!!
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement