Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glendalough - Red Route

Options
  • 02-03-2010 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭

Anyne done this route recently, its been a while since I have and am looking at it as a possibilty this weekend.

Are runners suitable to wear on it or are there any dodgy patches? I know that every other route is grand with runners.
    The only bit I'd be concerned about is between branching off from the white route to where joins the WW.

Was down on sat also and I see they have "closed" the miners road due to minor subsidence, bit over the top IMO, there is nowhere where it is not easily and safely walkable. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

The red route - is that the one going up the spink? I'd imagine it would be either snowy and slippery or wet and boggy. Or maybe both. I would'nt tackle it in anything less then walking boots but that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinkildare

on the red route there is a fairly boggy section leading down to where the walk meets the wicklow way boardwalk. i wouldn't recommend runners for this stage. however, i was up there two weeks ago and a buddy was wearing runners and he still did the walk happily enough. he had to keep moving though to keep his feet warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

dogmatix wrote: »
    The red route - is that the one going up the spink? I'd imagine it would be either snowy and slippery or wet and boggy. Or maybe both. I would'nt tackle it in anything less then walking boots but that's just me.

spink was a little icy but nothing major. Did it in hiking "runners" there last sat.

Run it in the summer also so from that point of view hiking boots a bit cumbersome :p

Advertisement