Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protecting Concrete DriveWay

• 02-03-2010 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I am looking to protect my concrete driveway as the recent bad weather hasd taken the top layer of cement off and now there is a constant grit etc on top. I was going to use a protective coating that is painted on but will this leave the driveway slippery?? Any other suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

is it printed concrete?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

I have the same problem; its just ordinary concrete footpath; the paths down 10 years and was perfect before the frost. Looking forward to hearing a solution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

well i know for a fact the is a coloured sealing paint for the printed driveways.

there is also a water seal that ronseal does but i am not 100% sure it is ideal for that type of application as traffic will just wear it off.

how bad is it? is it just grityy or can you see the aggregate coming up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 escapethematrix

Same problem here. Printed concrete. The top layer (which is really thin) has just cracked up leaving the exposed grey concrete underneath :S Only had the house a few years!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Goodne wrote: »
    I have the same problem; its just ordinary concrete footpath; the paths down 10 years and was perfect before the frost. Looking forward to hearing a solution
    its just gritty at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 drogs_1

Well all sorted. Used Thompson's concrete seal and no issues with drive getting all dusty anymore. Turns out the issue was from people using de-icer and salt etc. The seal costs approx 40euro for a gallon. First coat will use alot but second will just be a top up.

Advertisement