Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Model Outlook/General Outlook Thread: March 2010

Options
  • 02-03-2010 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭

A fresh thread for general chit chat for March to see if anything exciting is on the way weather wise.

Looking quite slack in the medium term with anticyclonic conditions:

106576.gif

Looks like being quite pleasant by day overall with temps not far from average but nights could be still cool and frosty, contingent on cloud cover. All in all, spring is very slowly, but surely, gaining strength! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Roll on spring and a bit of warmth.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

zzzzzzz at the outlook:D

Roll on next winter:pac:

Anyway, it looks likes normal Atlantic service may resume around the 16'th or 17'th.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Anyway, it looks likes normal Atlantic service may resume around the 16'th or 17'th.

:) Who'd have thought it, looking in FI for the Atlantic :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

That has to be the bravest, most precise long range forecast I have encountered on Boards.ie. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I miss my snow :(

• Advertisement

There must be small bit of oomph in that weak front approaching from the west later as yr.no are beefing up rainfall totals a little for my area tomorrow:

106591.png

Personally, I can't see that front remaining that active as it pushes up here or further east, but we will see. I imagine Wolfie in the more exposed Co. Clare would bear the full impact (if there is any impact) of the front though as it skirts up along the west coast later tonight and into tomorrow.

That has to be the bravest, most precise long range forecast I have encountered on Boards.ie. :pac:

Thanks. At least someone recognises my greatness:D

but seriously some of the models show it and it would fit with uk met office outlook for March.

tinners wrote: »

i know how you feel. if only we could fast forward to next winter:pac:

Thanks. At least someone recognises my greatness:D

but seriously some of the models show it and it would fit with uk met office outlook for March.

No problem :D

Certainly the sky has that Atlantic dullness here right now, now all we need is some Atlantic proper warmth to go with it. I love cold weather, but the sustained cold this winter was sort of empty or something. All bark and no bite. Hopefully next winter will have cold with a bit more substance! :cool:

tinners wrote: »

I'm still waiting for it...:o:pac:

• Advertisement

i know how you feel. if only we could fast forward to next winter:pac:

I absolutely despise summer anyway... i just can't handle heat

Sure there were days in the big freeze where I was wandering about outside in a tshirt !! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What heat? We've had three chilly summers in a row. We are due a hot stinker :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

As much as I want to see next Winter now I would love see an extremely hot and sultry summer, total beer can and garden weather, at this stage im longing for a hot summer over a snowy winter, its been so long since we've had a decent summer.

Imagine the milk skinned red haired guy

Now imagine him in the beer garden

Further imagine 30 minutes later when he has second degree burns

Thats me :(:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Feck me I thought I just saw tumbleweed blow through here :pac::pac::pac:

I may as well be looking at a chart for next winter than posting this up , but hay at least she is something :D

T+348 FI special

106723.png

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Feck me I thought I just saw tumbleweed blow through here :pac::pac::pac:

Did you not know that the roller coaster finished and the fun fair has moved on? :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Did you not know that the roller coaster finished and the fun fair has moved on? :)

While there is still frost on my windscreen and a nip in the air I will fight for a last run of her !

http://www.ehow.com/how_2193373_cope-snow-deficiency.html

some might find this useful - i know i have :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭Speak Now

http://www.ehow.com/how_2193373_cope-snow-deficiency.html

some might find this useful - i know i have :pac:

If you ever do get some snow, save a couple of snowballs in your freezer, so you can hold them whenever you get depressed. :D:D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

DOCARCH wrote: »

The Rollercoaster is alive and well over in Sweden, Poland and Germany for an extended one month tour special however I think its not likely to return to our towns and cities till next December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

well after the driest winter for i dont know how long in the west here.............
    WHEN WILL IT EVER RAIN AGAIN?

snaps wrote: »
    WHEN WILL IT EVER RAIN AGAIN?

That is a valid question as it seems like we will never see the rain falling again, but we both know that it will, and with 100% certainty, there will come the day when we will be asking, 'will it ever stop raining?' :pac:

ECMWF 12z continues the very anticyclonic theme tonight with little sign of any major cyclonic activity showing itself in the northern Atlantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

shame this non activity isnt the middle of July!

That is a valid question as it seems like we will never see the rain falling again, but we both know that it will, and with 100% certainty, there will come the day when we will be asking, 'will it ever stop raining?' :pac:

ECMWF 12z continues the very anticyclonic theme tonight with little sign of any major cyclonic activity showing itself in the northern Atlantic.

Godd man paddy1. i was just thinking today the farmers will soon be complaing about the lack of rain. As you say soon enough we'll be complaining about too much rain. I'm not into hot weather at all. So I hope we get thunderstorms and heavy rain a plenty this summer!

I'm not into hot weather at all. So I hope we get thunderstorms and heavy rain a plenty this summer!

I really hope we do get hot weather this year, although not prolonged spells of it. Regarding the thunderstorms, I like your thinking! we are well overdue a few big ones. Hopefully summer 2010 will deliver in abundance! :)

I want a summer something like this:

Nothing less will do..:p

Faint signals on the models tonight that pressure may fall a little from the northwest towards next weekend:

106922.gif
    Image source: http://www.ecmwf.int/

No strong destabilization being picked up on (at least at this early stage) with no more than a few light showers possible, and with the blocking ridge forecast to remain in the near Atlantic, no major rise in temps on the cards either, although with more cloud about as per the chart above, frost may become less widespread and intense.

Not very exciting I know..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

I really hope we do get hot weather this year, although not prolonged spells of it. Regarding the thunderstorms, I like your thinking! we are well overdue a few big ones. Hopefully summer 2010 will deliver in abundance! :)

I want a summer something like this:

Nothing less will do..:p

That's not thunder. This is thunder. ;) (Bad language in video - you'll understand why when you see it)

Nice one DJ! :)

Love this one also:

The 2nd clap of thunder at towards the end of this video in particular made me jump! :)

altho this weather is getting really boring I would rather this than day after day of atlantic rain systems making everything miserable for weeks on end. Its been so dry for so long now, I get the bad feeling were gonna make up for this with a Summer that could be perhaps wetter than the past 3 summers with a constant delivery of Atlantic systems and storms crashing in all June, July and August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Gonzo wrote: »
    altho this weather is getting really boring I would rather this than day after day of atlantic rain systems making everything miserable for weeks on end. Its been so dry for so long now, I get the bad feeling were gonna make up for this with a Summer that could be perhaps wetter than the past 3 summers with a constant delivery of Atlantic systems and storms crashing in all June, July and August.

I'd say you could be right, because when the Atlantic gets back into full swing they'll be no stopping it.

Advertisement