Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Model Outlook/General Outlook Thread: March 2010

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Id say it is in full swing, but the jet stream is down further south that usual

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

-7.8c here, where did that come from....bbbbbrrrrrrhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Id say it is in full swing, but the jet stream is down further south that usual

Yes but not for us, when we do get the jet stream over us again it could stay there until autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Dewpoint of -4c in Irish sea, -5c at Dublin -10c on Angelssey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

I know traffic on here is all but gone but, it has to be said, this is still remarkably cold weather. It was 6 degrees in Cork today but it felt sub zero with the windchill. Looking at the forecast for the week they are saying the weekend will be very cold too. Is there really no more chance of snow? I take it from the lack of models being posted that this is the case. As I said though, its still remarkably cold (3 straight months of it as of tomorrow too - started around 9 December...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

I know traffic on here is all but gone but, it has to be said, this is still remarkably cold weather. It was 6 degrees in Cork today but it felt sub zero with the windchill. Looking at the forecast for the week they are saying the weekend will be very cold too. Is there really no more chance of snow? I take it from the lack of models being posted that this is the case. As I said though, its still remarkably cold (3 straight months of it as of tomorrow too - started around 9 December...)

Yes indeed and mins of -7 for March is also exceptional.
    Hardly a daffodil to be seen and zero growth sofar.
    We'll need at least a week of southerly's to warm up a ground that's very cold. It'll be a chilly swim in youghal this Summer:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Yes indeed and mins of -7 for March is also exceptional.
    Hardly a daffodil to be seen and zero growth sofar.
    We'll need at least a week of southerly's to warm up a ground that's very cold. It'll be a chilly swim in youghal this Summer:D

Got a dp of -12.8 today at 16.18, the dp did not raise above -1.1 all day long ,

Currently I am -1 with another very low dp of -6.1

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

-1 temp and -3 dp...where's the bloomin' rain when you need it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

A relatively active ECM tonight!

107545.gif

Should blow the cobwebs of our anemometers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement