Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Which one is Loaf?
    Is that the shop beside the health food shop that sold upmarket food?

This thread is getting more depressing everyday. I mean if a small business closes and 5 people lose their jobs, that's 5 less people eating lunch in town, shopping in town, paying tax and now costing tax via welfare.

I don't know how typical I am but I live on a street with 7 houses. One is a family of housed refugees who have been given leave to stay, the next house is a single mother on welfare eventhough there are others there all the time. The next house is students and another house has an unemployed family. Then a house where occupants work for Govt. and me - self employed. How can the two working households support all the others who are supported by our taxes.

Less and less people paying tax and rates while more and more getting welfare. Something has to give eventually.

Yes Loaf used to sell all gourmet breads and had a deli, was run by fitzgeralds who have the woodlands hotel, probably would have done very well during the good times. But I agree its such a shame to see these small business closing down. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

bazz26 wrote: »
    Two Mile Inn Hotel to close from Friday next week according to the Post.

How does that affect the residents, that live in apartments there?
    zuroph wrote: »
    Eircom are bringing out a mobile phone offering, piggybacking off meteor. I'd say eventually they'll amalgamate.

Arent Meteor and Eircom the same company? (if not they are very close)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Mc Love wrote: »
    Arent Meteor and Eircom the same company? (if not they are very close)

yip, but the business plan for eircom at the moment seems to be to offer a whole Eircom branded package and leave meteor seperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

Two new Costa Coffee cafes opening, one at Childers Road retail park and one at the Crescent shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Noor on Thomas Street is shut. It was almost directly across from Aubars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Not sure if it has been metioned before but did anyone notice that Wheelers is closed on the Dublin Road, I could not believe it
    did the owners sell up or had they to close those anyone know

campo wrote: »
    Not sure if it has been metioned before but did anyone notice that Wheelers is closed on the Dublin Road, I could not believe it
    did the owners sell up or had they to close those anyone know

Ive heard a supermacs is going in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭black & white

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Noor on Thomas Street is shut. It was almost directly across from Aubars.

Are you sure ? I've noticed they have started opening later - about 12.30/1.00pm over the last few weeks, but didn't know they had closed. I'll be passing there shortly and will check.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Are you sure ? I've noticed they have started opening later - about 12.30/1.00pm over the last few weeks, but didn't know they had closed. I'll be passing there shortly and will check.

Do, I went past there at lunch time late last week and it was closed. There seemed to be guys inside doing work (as in builders taking stuff down), so I assumed it was gone. Ate there a couple of times, it was only alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Hopefully

• Advertisement

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Do, I went past there at lunch time late last week and it was closed. There seemed to be guys inside doing work (as in builders taking stuff down), so I assumed it was gone. Ate there a couple of times, it was only alright.

Sign on door saying closed for maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

can anyone confirm the closure of o connell grill in town.

any yes answer will result in my loss of faith in humanity

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

has Hassets bar closed again ? passed twice in the last week and doors were locked

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭manna452121

The power/ESB was turned off last week.They are waiting for thomond pk to start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

kilburn wrote: »
    has Hassets bar closed again ? passed twice in the last week and doors were locked

I'll find out tomorrow and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

Supermacs have owned this property for years, they were waiting for wheelers lease to be finished before opening a drive thru' supermacs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Supermacs have owned this property for years, they were waiting for wheelers lease to be finished before opening a drive thru' supermacs.

I guess we'll have to believe ya with a username like that!

In the retail park up the road there is a building in the car park which was due to be a KFC. I know somebody who was looking at a BBs there. That would be a better location.

Supermacs would have to get the landlord to do some major surfacing works on the car park before I would dare darken its door.
    I guess we'll have to believe ya with a username like that!

It could be Pat McDonagh himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

Iang87 wrote: »
    can anyone confirm the closure of o connell grill in town.

any yes answer will result in my loss of faith in humanity

Been closed for weeks as far as i can see. No signs or notice or anything visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

my good god its official we are all doomed

• Advertisement

Im going away for a few months with work so I dread to think what Ill be coming back to :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Berty wrote: »
    In the retail park up the road there is a building in the car park which was due to be a KFC. .

AFAIK it was built as part of the now derelict Parkway Valley project, but I serioulsy doubt if it would have been a KFC when there is already one nearby on Childers Road.

AFAIK it was built as part of the now derelict Parkway Valley project, but I serioulsy doubt if it would have been a KFC when there is already one nearby on Childers Road.

Think he is on about that building opposite TK Maxx in the Parkway retail park.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

In the original plans, Captain Americas were listed as being the potential tenant for the unit across from TK Maxx.

And you are right to say that it was built as part of the Parkway Valley project. Yet another wonderful Liam Carroll project that stands partially built.

Passed Cafe Noor this lunchtime and while the doors are still closed, there are lights on inside and the extractor is blowing a gale out onto the street. The closed for maintenence sign has gone and the canopy is unfurled, maybe they will be back in action ?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭billox

kilburn wrote: »

ya it closed sometime last week...think the ESB went in and pulled the plug....i know its bad to see a business close but better off without it anyway imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Cafe Noor, Thomas street, has re-opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

lasno wrote: »
    Two new Costa Coffee cafes opening, one at Childers Road retail park and one at the Crescent shopping centre.

Wrong thread, only despair and depression here pls.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

Berty wrote: »
    In the retail park up the road there is a building in the car park which was due to be a KFC. I know somebody who was looking at a BBs there. That would be a better location.

Supermacs would have to get the landlord to do some major surfacing works on the car park before I would dare darken its door.

It could be Pat McDonagh himself.

Pat owns the the complete site AFAIK ...why do you think the car wash is called Pats car wash.

I think Pat Mcdonagh and one of his head honchos, also named Pat have the carwash in partnership.

• Advertisement

Pat owns the the complete site AFAIK ...why do you think the car wash is called Pats car wash.

I guess you're correct. Pat is such a rare name and couldn't be the name of anybody other than Pat McDonagh. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement