Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

No, nothing to do with Dolan's warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

bigpink wrote: »
    What pub are left there?The Ardhu is getting a very odd crowd alot of scobes mixed in with a normal decent crowd

Woodfield and Greenhills on the ennis road.
    Whelans, Bourkes and North Star i think thats it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

kilburn wrote: »
    Woodfield and Greenhills on the ennis road.
    Whelans, Bourkes and North Star i think thats it

Luckily you've missed out on the two best pubs in the area. I hope this is a deliberate plan to stop them being ruined.

ardhu was mentioned so what are they

ardhu was mentioned so what are they

Not a chance, I don't need Bigpink coming into my locals asking if people are happy with themselves and the sky is falling. Pity, you seen like a decent sort.

• Advertisement

wrecking my head now cant think country club closed hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

wrecking my head now cant think country club closed hmmmm

I'm going to have a guess with the curragower

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

J.J. Bowles & Kinsellas I'd say.

crap forgot the curra

Fine lads, give the game away, and when some young one starts coming around asking if you're either depressed or a scumbag you'll only have yourselves to blame....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Fine lads, give the game away, and when some young one starts coming around asking if you're either depressed or a scumbag you'll only have yourselves to blame....

You wha'? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

Hassetts maybe?

You wha'? :confused:

Joking about BigPink going around all the pubs to make sure they are full of scobes. Bit unfair I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 BogPony

Christ this is depressing.

I lived in Limerick most of my life. I'm 31 now and have lived in London for the last 6 years. It breaks my heart every time I come home to go though what can only be described as a ghost town that I will always call home.

When Newsom's went it was the death knoll for us all. What's going on with Patrick Street? It's like someone hit the pause button on a brainfart of an idea to do something with it and never bothered going back to it.

Anyone coming in from Shannnon airport on the bus, as I do, gets a taste of what awaits them starting at Bunratty. The Greenhills is like the scenery from an old western film, Avoca beside the castle is still a burnt out shell that nobody can be bothered to try and hide, The Two Mile in was always a kip but even moreso now. I know Bunratty isn't Limerick but jesus, it's depressing even before you hit Limerick.

I used to feel really happy coming in on the bus, now it's just dread, wondering what am I going to see boarded up next. I would really love to come home but with things as they are I don't ever see how it will be possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

BogPony wrote: »
    Christ this is depressing.

I lived in Limerick most of my life. I'm 31 now and have lived in London for the last 6 years. It breaks my heart every time I come home to go though what can only be described as a ghost town that I will always call home.

When Newsom's went it was the death knoll for us all. What's going on with Patrick Street? It's like someone hit the pause button on a brainfart of an idea to do something with it and never bothered going back to it.

Anyone coming in from Shannnon airport on the bus, as I do, gets a taste of what awaits them starting at Bunratty. The Greenhills is like the scenery from an old western film, Avoca beside the castle is still a burnt out shell that nobody can be bothered to try and hide, The Two Mile in was always a kip but even moreso now. I know Bunratty isn't Limerick but jesus, it's depressing even before you hit Limerick.

I used to feel really happy coming in on the bus, now it's just dread, wondering what am I going to see boarded up next. I would really love to come home but with things as they are I don't ever see how it will be possible.
    Did bus go over sarsfield bridge on the way in? Dunnes there has been closed for years too, first building you come to in limerick city. Terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

phill106 wrote: »
    Did bus go over sarsfield bridge on the way in? Dunnes there has been closed for years too, first building you come to in limerick city. Terrible.

That bus goes around by the wetlands on the ring-road and up by the Peoples' Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

CiaranMT wrote: »
    That bus goes around by the wetlands on the ring-road and up by the Peoples' Park.

Anytime I've gotten the airport bus (343 anyway, maybe the 51 goes the other way) it goes in the Ennis Road and up William St

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Anytime I've gotten the airport bus (343 anyway, maybe the 51 goes the other way) it goes in the Ennis Road and up William St

Ah that'd be the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Has anyone heard anything about Luigi Malones closing in Limerick?

Would be yet another body blow for the city centre if it goes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,242 ✭✭✭✭phog

Topaz across from Woodies, next to Supermacs has closed.

Re-opened again probably under new management.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,242 ✭✭✭✭phog

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything about Luigi Malones closing in Limerick?

Would be yet another body blow for the city centre if it goes :(

Never liked the place, found it too noisy, food was ok if you got the right order:cool:

A big blow for staff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

phog wrote: »
    Re-opened again probably under new management.

I think Great Gas were meant to be going in there. Have not passed that way in a while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

Great Gas are now operating the station opposite Woodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

On a bit of a positive note..... The Subway Restaurant/takeaway in the Crescent shopping center that
    was closed down a few weeks before the Christmas has now re-opened! (Hopefully the original staff got their jobs back)

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

The mods frown upon speculation on businesses closing without a source here. Can be detrimental to staff etc. Havent heard anything, they were packed all xmas anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

We can add Celtic bookmakers to the ever growing list. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

liammur wrote: »
    We can add Celtic bookmakers to the ever growing list. :mad:

Is there a Toni And Guy left in Limerick or was the one on Patrick street the only one that was in Limerick? The reports on the news this morning don't sound good for the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Kess73 wrote: »
    Is there a Toni And Guy left in Limerick or was the one on Patrick street the only one that was in Limerick? The reports on the news this morning don't sound good for the company.

There is none in Limerick anymore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

The Lame Duck has closed its doors for a final time. Pity it was a fine pub wih great Guinness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Where the old Texaco on the Ballinacurra Road that was closed down for as many years as I can remember (And I live across from it), has re-opened as a car wash and valeting service, good to see it open again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement