Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Have just heard that apparently Bakers Underground nightclub has now ceased operating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

Have just heard that apparently Bakers Underground nightclub has now ceased operating

Punches Hotel is doomed :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Well their facebook page seems to indicate otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

liammur wrote: »
    Punches Hotel is doomed :mad:

Don't get the link.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Wouldn't want to be - There's a going-away party that I'll be going to on there tonight!

Kess73 wrote: »
    Don't get the link.:confused:

no link, just another business going under,,,punches hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

With HMV planning to close stores in the UK and Ireland, the store on Cruise's street could go

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Re: Luigi Malone's, Punches, Bakers and HMV.

Please provide links to back up these stories, or I'll have to remove them. Speculation, rumours and guess-work don't do us any real favours.

liammur wrote: »
    no link, just another business going under,,,punches hotel.

I thought that because it was said as a reply to the Bakers comment, that there was some link between Punches and Bakers being hinted at.

I heard the news about Punches hotel alright today. 44 staff told that the doors close for good on the 8th Feb unless a new owner is found.

I see Bryan Greene has applied again for permission to build a budget hotel in Dooradoyle beside the Unicorn.

• Advertisement

Please provide links to back up these stories, or I'll have to remove them. Speculation, rumours and guess-work don't do us any real favours.

Agreed regarding rumours doing no good. Unfortunately Punches story was on the radio and is confirmed that it is shutting unless a buyer is found by early feb.

Kess:
    Surely instead of looking for a budget hotel in dooradoyle he should look at taking over punches?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭maebee

In where Riddlers used to be, sign up over door today. Riddlers was closed because it was a fire hazard, AFAIK, so I'm unsure what happened there

Also I think Tesco give a discounted petrol price if you do shopping there, so I'll be using it

€50 purchase in Tesco required to be eligible for "cheap" petrol. A friend of mine, regularly buys a jacket/coat for €50, gets her petrol and returns the jacket for a refund. I wouldn't be a*sed with the hassle of this but she does it all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Where is the Tesco petrol station is it in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

RE: Luigi Malones.

The balance of power / names of director will likely change hands soon.

There was a creditors meeting this morning.

That is all I can say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭maebee

kiersm wrote: »
    Where is the Tesco petrol station is it in Limerick?

Don't think there is one. I was talking about someone who uses the Tesco in Clearwater in Finglas. Sorry, should have mentioned that.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Thats k, I have seen something out in Coonagh that says they are going to opening one out there soon, which would be fab

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭source

Saw today that Ryan's menswear in Thomas Street is closed.

http://www.live95fm.ie/news/news-item/punchs-hotel-faces-closure-next-month-unless-buyer-is-found/af384b70-ccec-413c-9f18-f5b99f813bd4

The HMV story was on the BBC news and it said that HMV will be looking at closing 40 stores in the UK along with a chunk of their Waterstone bookshops, and that the Irish stores will face cuts as well.

Some very bad news i'm afraid. the underground has cancelled all it's club nights and the club is closed. just got the bad news there, we currently have no venue so sat is cancelled. not to worry i'll be brainstorming and meeting with other venue's to relocate Technoize monthly session. RIP THE UNDERGROUND

http://www.facebook.com/pages/technoize/109032312451646

Is it just the Underground they've shut so? I was in there last night and both Wicked Chicken and Baker's were open.

• Advertisement

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Is it just the Underground they've shut so? I was in there last night and both Wicked Chicken and Baker's were open.

Yeah seemingly just the Underground. I find it odd they've just closed that part though.

Yeah seemingly just the Underground. I find it odd they've just closed that part though.

I know a friend of mine who had half-baked plans to revive a dubstep/electronic type of night in there, which would've been claaaass.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

That's sort of a shame.

The restaurant in Limerick had a good atmosphere when it was busy and is in a really nice location to hit for a meal. Decent-ish menu as well.

Still, the food was pretty largely overpriced and the service was not the greatest, so assuming (although maybe it's an unfounded assumption) another restaurant goes in there it's not really a massive loss.

I'm talking from an amenity POV rather than jobs/impact on local economy obv, never good to see a business close.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭lmkman

Know someone still working in BAllyneety golf club and they are finishing up next friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

ugh. Poor place struggled hard for the last year. hope someone else takes over, its a nice little course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

lmkman wrote: »
    Know someone still working in BAllyneety golf club and they are finishing up next friday.

The whole golf course is closing down? Are you sure

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mitresize5

The Lobster Pot has closed its door for the last time - real pity as it was a bit of a Limerick institution

No link I'm afraid but I got it straight from the owner last night

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

No fecking way, best sausages going. Pizza thing never really took off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

mitresize5 wrote: »
    The Lobster Pot has closed its door for the last time - real pity as it was a bit of a Limerick institution

No link I'm afraid but I got it straight from the owner last night

Funny that, I know the owner well and he has not said anything to me about it closing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement