Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Little feet in grove island gone lasted 6 weeks i think.

Xtravision in grove island gone, chipper up for sale the place is in decline

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Hoppermcgrath

The Golfexperiencestore on Henry Street, which opened at the start of April had the shutters down today with a notification on the window of a meeting of creditors to liquidate the company. Sad for all involved if closing down so soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,040 ✭✭✭Jofspring

The Golfexperiencestore on Henry Street, which opened at the start of April had the shutters down today with a notification on the window of a meeting of creditors to liquidate the company. Sad for all involved if closing down so soon.

Sad to see but their location was always going to kill them.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

kilburn wrote: »

Are you sure about this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

kilburn wrote: »

Little feet a shoe shop or creche i take it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Christ, that was quick :eek:

Jofspring wrote: »
    Sad to see but their location was always going to kill them.

Thought that was prime retail space?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

jesus, golf experience was one expensive mistake then, WTF closing so soon, had they expected a massive turnover immediately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

You'd want to be off your head to open a business in Limerick City at the moment - business is dead and this summer is going to lay waste to the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

still though, creditors etc? Was it a scam?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

i really dont know how that golf shop in Castletroy stays open either!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

Mate of mine gave them a 40euro deposit last Monday for a new Taylormade driver that they were ordering for him. Gonski now!

AlanOB wrote: »
    Are you sure about this?

Would not say it if it was not true ! Go read the sign on the door

bigpink wrote: »
    Little feet a shoe shop or creche i take it?

Yea a kids shoe shop

zuroph wrote: »
    jesus, golf experience was one expensive mistake then, WTF closing so soon, had they expected a massive turnover immediately?

I worried for that shop as soon as i saw the planning permission for it, no foot fall really there, big rent i would imagine and little parking compared to the place at the old dell or superquin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The only reason, and I mean the *only* reason I could see why the golf experience might be a viable business was if they could entice the business clientelle who would stay in the Savoy hotel who might drop a few hundred on clubs while bored. Otherwise, what business could they possibly hope to garner from that area?

Xtravision at Grove Island IS closing. There will be three xtravisions going forward - Parkway, Raheen, Ennis Road. From what I hear, Grove Island shut because the Parkway was getting most of the customers in that area anyways.

I see that Tony and Guy hairdressers seems closed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The only reason, and I mean the *only* reason I could see why the golf experience might be a viable business was if they could entice the business clientelle who would stay in the Savoy hotel who might drop a few hundred on clubs while bored. Otherwise, what business could they possibly hope to garner from that area?

Xtravision at Grove Island IS closing. There will be three xtravisions going forward - Parkway, Raheen, Ennis Road. From what I hear, Grove Island shut because the Parkway was getting most of the customers in that area anyways.

I see that Tony and Guy hairdressers seems closed too.

Both of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 scotty63

Sad to see the golf experience close so quick, I heard a driving range and shop might be opening in Annocotty ? Anyone know anything of this ? Will it survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Choice ladieswear on William Street is closing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 digitalman

does anyone know what the story is with spurs resturant in the cresent?
    has it closed? mate passed thursday eve and it was closed with all posters taken off the window and cleaning stuff randomly abandoned on the tables.i passed it on sunday and it was still closed and no notice up anywhere saying why.

is this another business in limerick gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭source

digitalman wrote: »
    does anyone know what the story is with spurs resturant in the cresent?
    has it closed? mate passed thursday eve and it was closed with all posters taken off the window and cleaning stuff randomly abandoned on the tables.i passed it on sunday and it was still closed and no notice up anywhere saying why.

is this another business in limerick gone.

Ah jesus I hope not, they had fantastic wings.

ya i hope its not closed for good.bit strange though no notice or anything up.

surely someone on here knows whats going on?

i will miss there half roast chicken with basting..getting hungry thinking about it.
    ha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Where is Berty? he will surely know

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mc Love wrote: »
    Where is Berty? he will surely know

I AM Berty albeit just changed my name.

Mc Love. I don't know anything about Spurs other than that Spurs is a UK Franchise so possibly the franchise wasn't renewed or was removed from the franchisee. Possibly they are waiting for another franchisee to sign up(hand over a wad of cash)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

Hope its not closed, been there a good few times and liked it.
    Always seemed busy enough too.

i taught it always seemed busy as well thats why i was surprised to see it closed.Hope its not .....

suprised no one seems to have any info about it.i even googled about it and came up with nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭BobMc

closed, new tenant in the next few weeks, and not a steakhouse, always thought spur was crap anyhow, microwaved meat then grilled

pity.probably was all those buy one get one free vouchers from tesco that did them in!

• Advertisement

Heard rumours of Nandos going in there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement