Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

bigpink wrote: »
    Heard rumours of Nandos going in there

Given how often they have been rumoured to be coming to Limerick I guess that at some point one of the rumours will be right.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭BobMc

no its not going to be Nandos !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

BobMc wrote: »

A marks and spencers then?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Nando's is rubbish and totally overpriced

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

BobMc wrote: »

what IS it going to be bob? ;) if its not steak, and its not chicken, and hopefully not fastfood... ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I haven't been to the Crescent for months and months and I'm sure many people are the same recently. I used to eat in Spurs. I like the burgers and the portion of cripsy fried onions you get with it. Free refills as well is always good.

I do not like Nandos menu. Need more meat and less veg cluttering up the plate. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

goosers bar in corbally is closed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

I see that Stix ( that famous snooker/fast food institutuion ) on nicholas street have been closed for the past couple of weeks.

The closing of the golf shop on henry street seems to be a bit of a mystery. I was speaking to an auctioneer aquaintance just after it opened and he was of the opinion that there would be little or no rent for at least 12 months on that shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    I see that Stix ( that famous snooker/fast food institutuion ) on nicholas street have been closed for the past couple of weeks.

The closing of the golf shop on henry street seems to be a bit of a mystery. I was speaking to an auctioneer aquaintance just after it opened and he was of the opinion that there would be little or no rent for at least 12 months on that shop.
    Sad to hear about stix,they used to do a nice hawian burger when i used to work near there,was handy for the auld blow out breakfast to.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mc Love wrote: »
    Nando's is rubbish and totally overpriced

Yep. I can never understand the fascination that some people have with Nandos when they are in the UK.

Just speaking from experience about one of the Nandos in Liverpool here, but for years and years it was the regular haunt of many Irish lads who came to Liverpool to see a game, and the trip to Nandos was almost as big a deal as going to the match (Mind you this is undertandable enough for the Everton fans:P)

I just never saw the attraction in it yet year after year I would see Irish lads coming over and talking about how they had to go to Nandos.

I used to feel like a Scouse sounding Crocodile Dundee when I chatted to Irish lads that were over for games who were talking about going there.

"Well, you know, you can live on it. But it tastes like sh*t!" :D

Then they opened branches in Dublin and Cork and brought their bland tasting and over priced chicken to Ireland. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I passed Stix two weeks ago (if even that) and it was opened

Mc Love wrote: »
    I passed Stix two weeks ago (if even that) and it was opened

Actually I remember a friends Facebook status saying he was there very recently as well. Must go and check facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Italian restaurant opening in spurs the middle of next months. Its on Live95 news today.

had an inkling. cheap to produce. in a place of that size,bound to be muck. milano, or similar franchise?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 digitalman

from live95fm website:
    UP TO 30 JOBS ARE BEING CREATED BY THE OPENING OF A NEW RESTAURANT IN LIMERICK.
    10 June 2011Ristorante del Arte will be open for business from the middle of next month, taking over the site of the Spur Steakhouse in the Crescent Shopping Centre, which closed recently.
    It's the first of a new chain of Italian restaurants opening across Ireland later this year.
    David O'Connor, Director of Ristorante del Arte says he's surprised at the level of applicants looking for a job...

damn .not another italian resturant....limerick has enough already.
    love the way they say creating 30 jobs.What about the jobs that were lost when spurs closed? how many jobs lost there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Trinity Rooms closed

Signs up down there saying closed till further notice sorry for any inconvenice caused

bigpink wrote: »
    Trinity Rooms closed

Signs up down there saying closed till further notice sorry for any inconvenice caused

line i hear is that they're saying HSE have closed them and its temporary, but it sounds like spin, doesnt look good, been offering €3 entry and the like recently. Ran the place into the ground, shame, at one time it was one of the best in the country for acts and variety.
    rumour goes another club is for sale too due to financial problems.

Zuroph, you're a young man. Trinity rooms prior to being Trooms was Docs and was a million times better. There were no bands, acts or any other crap. You could go in and buy a can for £2.50 and smoke.

Some will even remember the days when the clubs were oblidged to feed you as well. You could get a plate of chilli con carne down the back for FREE!!

Thems were the days. :D

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Zuroph, you're a young man. Trinity rooms prior to being Trooms was Docs and was a million times better. There were no bands, acts or any other crap. You could go in and buy a can for £2.50 and smoke.

Some will even remember the days when the clubs were oblidged to feed you as well. You could get a plate of chilli con carne down the back for FREE!!

Thems were the days. :D

I worked behind the bar in docs for 2 years :D know the chilli all too well.
    still though, clarkes heydays in there were awesome, C2C at the birthday bash one of my favourite gigs of all time, and deadmaus, DJ yoda etc, some class stuff to go to at the weekends.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Looks a bit bad alright,havent been there in a while but they was great gigs there and was very much a top club

Wonder will it open for the student market again

Where will all the underage and scobes go now on a sat night

• Advertisement

on an unrelated note, Mollys is changing its door policy to over 20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

zuroph wrote: »

Knew that was coming, especially since they did the place up with the same floor tiles as St.Michaels church!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

zuroph wrote: »

I got id'ed going in there a few months ago, im 27. I said i havent carried ID in 6 years and he said its a student bar so i couldnt go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

They must be sick of all the 6th years falling in on Fridays and Saturdays :pac:

CiaranMT wrote: »
    They must be sick of all the 6th years falling in on Fridays and Saturdays :pac:

the unofficial quote i heard was "our staff are tired of cleaning up vomit" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,040 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Mollys are doing that now for the summer but i bet when the students are back it will go straight back to over 18's. They are going to be very quiet for the summer and are probably just hoping to attract an older crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Jofspring wrote: »
    Mollys are doing that now for the summer but i bet when the students are back it will go straight back to over 18's. They are going to be very quiet for the summer and are probably just hoping to attract an older crowd.

So lets get this straight.... Saturday night in Limerick...
    Trooms? Closed.
    Mollys? 20s
    Angel Lane? 21s
    Icon? I have standards.... :pac:

So here I am, 19 years of age and no niteclub to go to on a Saturday night?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Trooms? Closed.
    Mollys? 20s
    Angel Lane? 21s

Icon is 20s too :P

Trooms? Closed.
    Mollys? 20s
    Angel Lane? 21s

always welcome back mine for a nightcap ;) :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Trooms? Closed.
    Mollys? 20s
    Angel Lane? 21s

Costello's'll have ya. Love the place.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement